I own the first two, and they are my favorite FPS's of all time. The squad based combat is perfected, and the enemy AI is brilliant. Probably the only FPS that has good single player gameplay. Excellent story.

Is anybody else looking forward to the 3rd one? Does anybody know when it is coming out? Does anybody know how good the graphics are(Compared to the crappyness of the last two)?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Yea those games are amazing. But enough ww2 games already!

Enough crappily done WWII games. Brothers in Arms does it well, and accurately. (Unlike CoD)
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

I liked the first two quite a lot. Although I'm not very good at strategy-oriented games, which it tends to be part of the time (at least in a way). I think this looks good though, and I'll definitely give it a try. And about the graphics question:

Yeah, I'd say the graphics are pretty good.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Yeah, I'd say the graphics are pretty good.

*cums*
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
My lord.... it's beautiful...

I'm convincing my friend to buy it for his 360, so I can actually play it.

It's funny... I'm already planning on how I'll take out those Germans...
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

According to Gamespot, the PC version is coming out in the first quarter of 2008, and the 360 and PS3 version are TBA, although I'd assume it's around the same time. I might still be on a Mass Effect spree at that time, but I'll hopefully get around to playing it.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
BTW, it's still going to be an FPS right? that picture is a little misleading...

Do you know which character you will be? What time period in the war will this be?

And, Who would love a Civil war FPS made by these people? Squad leader of 30 troops, same squad based action, oh it sounds awesome. Riding horses, uhuhuhuhuh, that would be awesome.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Yeah, it'll still be an FPS. Most of the screenshots they have now aren't in game, so they're not from the first-person perspective. I don't really know much about the game other than that, I just remember reading about it in a couple game magazines a little while ago. You can check www.gamepot.com or www.ign.com for specifics on it.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by CORT noob
It's funny... I'm already planning on how I'll take out those Germans...

...With guns?
Quote by Archaon
...With guns?

Shoot the farther one first, then let my guys take out the closer one, and order them to take cover, because that appears to be a German fire team, so likely an assuault team is near by.

Play BIA much?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Shoot the farther one first, then let my guys take out the closer one, and order them to take cover, because that appears to be a German fire team, so likely an assuault team is near by.

Play BIA much?

No, I prefer to play real tactical games.

Research Close Combat.
Quote by Archaon
No, I prefer to play real tactical games.

Research Close Combat.

Seems like a cool game. But, BiA would be impossible to beat, without many of the things that your game claims to require based on a Wiki article. Have you played BiA?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Seems like a cool game. But, BiA would be impossible to beat, without many of the things that your game claims to require based on a Wiki article. Have you played BiA?

I've played numerous "tactical"/squad-based FPS games and believe me when I say that the understanding of tactics involved in those games - at least in singleplayer - are absolutely minimal. If you get a good bunch of guys who respond well to teamwork and orders online, then the tactical level may be increased. But when you can only order your computer partners to move into one spot, it's far too limited.

And no, this has NOTHING on CC. It is the most advanced tactical simulation/game ever created. They've even developed non-commercial versions for the Marines and British RAF Regiment. And it's not a shooter. Try the game, and if you're able to get into it and actually play it without giving up, you have my respect. Download the demo for CCV (Close Combat 5)
Quote by metal4life592
Yeah, it'll still be an FPS. Most of the screenshots they have now aren't in game, so they're not from the first-person perspective. I don't really know much about the game other than that, I just remember reading about it in a couple game magazines a little while ago. You can check www.gamepot.com or www.ign.com for specifics on it.

For the most part it is FPS. But there is a cover system which is similar to that used in rainbow six vegas and gears of war, so it switches to a third person view when you take cover.
Meh, think I'll stick with Call Of Duty.

Also, for a decent war sim, try America's Army. It is actually used by the US Army as a combat sim.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Meh, think I'll stick with Call Of Duty.

Also, for a decent war sim, try America's Army. It is actually used by the US Army as a combat sim.

It's used as a recruiting tool. Not as a combat simulator. You don't want to give your soldiers the feeling that by throwing a smoke nade, and jumping around they will not get shot, and that in case that they do, they can still respawn in the next round.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
It's used as a recruiting tool. Not as a combat simulator. You don't want to give your soldiers the feeling that by throwing a smoke nade, and jumping around they will not get shot, and that in case that they do, they can still respawn in the next round.

Right, just like flight simulators where when planes crash you can restart. I guess you wouldn't want to give pilots the false sense of being able to restart if you **** things up, right?

Though I agree with you for the most part, just the respawning thing is a stupid point to make. I don't think anyone's that stupid.
Quote by Archaon
I've played numerous "tactical"/squad-based FPS games and believe me when I say that the understanding of tactics involved in those games - at least in singleplayer - are absolutely minimal. If you get a good bunch of guys who respond well to teamwork and orders online, then the tactical level may be increased. But when you can only order your computer partners to move into one spot, it's far too limited.

And no, this has NOTHING on CC. It is the most advanced tactical simulation/game ever created. They've even developed non-commercial versions for the Marines and British RAF Regiment. And it's not a shooter. Try the game, and if you're able to get into it and actually play it without giving up, you have my respect. Download the demo for CCV (Close Combat 5)

As far as FPS's go, this is probably the best and most tactical. Of course it has nothing on an RTS, but try the game. You may like it

I'll download that game whenever I get my (good)computer back up.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by Archaon
Right, just like flight simulators where when planes crash you can restart. I guess you wouldn't want to give pilots the false sense of being able to restart if you **** things up, right?

Though I agree with you for the most part, just the respawning thing is a stupid point to make. I don't think anyone's that stupid.

Of course. But the unconscious part of the brain still gets that message, and may lead you to make stupid decisions in the battlefield.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Of course. But the unconscious part of the brain still gets that message, and may lead you to make stupid decisions in the battlefield.

I won't believe that until you give me proof
Quote by tom_ledzep
For the most part it is FPS. But there is a cover system which is similar to that used in rainbow six vegas and gears of war, so it switches to a third person view when you take cover.

Ah, I was not aware of that new change.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by CORT noob
I'll download that game whenever I get my (good)computer back up.

Bro, it's an old game. You don't need a good computer. In fact, it will probably run better on an older computer.

Just remember to set the compatability mode to run under Windows 95 or 98.
Quote by Archaon
Bro, it's an old game. You don't need a good computer. In fact, it will probably run better on an older computer.

Just remember to set the compatability mode to run under Windows 95 or 98.

Link? Or do I gotta bust out the google?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

I beat the first level of your game. Barely, but it was my first try. German's moral was too low, so they quit. Lost alot of soldiers though, mostly due to my idiot team, and their inability to take cover. The enemy had crappy AI too. Pretty much, I just used my air strikes, mortar, and mortar teams to bombard the enemy before they split off into seperate places. That got their moral low. Then, I picked them off one by one while they slowly crawled along a field. But, I did it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123