I think this stupid Dragonforce bashing crap must stop like really it should.I might not be the biggest fan of them but I truly respect musicans at of all kinds.You might not like them and you might not respect them but if you have nothing good to say just don't say anything.I see this stupid Emo,A7x,Dragonfrce and whatever sucks here and there,it is getting immature and old.I can bet if you were a musican, would like if someone was like oh you suck and you can't play for ****,I know you would hate it.The other thing that is bothering me is some of the people that make fun of Dragonforce haven't even heard of them?What is up with that?and yeah we all know that dragonforce isn't the best live but really how cares...well I care......but away from that simply if you like their music listen to him,if you don't walk on home boy. a little pantera .End of my rant.

Flame,discuss,or make a point.
1) Pantera is awesome.

2) I dont think you have to listen to every song a band has made to have a good opinion. To me, if I like a band, their music sticks out immediately and I am drawn to it. For this reason, I do not like any of today's music.
Dragonforce doesn't really deserve all the crap it gets, especially as it's really a for-the-lulz kind of band.

A7x and cruddy pop emo definately deserve their punishments, however.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
Quote by epic7734
so.....did you get it out your system?

Not really anything in my system,just on my mind.
i only hate them because their singer swings the other way
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by Mr.Satan
I think this stupid Dragonforce bashing crap must stop like really it should.I might not be the biggest fan of them but I truly respect musicans at of all kinds.You might not like them and you might not respect them but if you have nothing good to say just don't say anything.I see this stupid Emo,A7x,Dragonfrce and whatever sucks here and there,it is getting immature and old.I can bet if you were a musican, would like if someone was like oh you suck and you can't play for ****,I know you would hate it.The other thing that is bothering me is some of the people that make fun of Dragonforce haven't even heard of them?What is up with that?and yeah we all know that dragonforce isn't the best live but really how cares...well I care......but away from that simply if you like their music listen to him,if you don't walk on home boy. a little pantera .End of my rant.

a little contradictory don't u think. anyways who cares. defend your own bands that u like and have your own opinion. if u don't like it get off ug and stop reading the bashing threads.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by Vermintide
Fuck yeah man, Dragonforce are the hardest metal known to man!!!! (Second only to daimond.)

maybe you should read that thread smarty pants
I think Dragonforce bashing should continue. The vast majority of the population hates and loves to make fun of them. Only small minorities listen to (and apparently praise) Dragonforce, but with the general population hating Dragonforce, we tend to ignore and make fun of any fans they could possibly have. They studio nerds that play **** live and think they are super great at playing guitar but just get lucky in the studio. They obviously have devoted their entire lives to living in the studio to get a perfect recording and haven't spent enough time learning how to talk... if you've seen those lessons they give, you understand what I'm talking about. Any decent guitarist can replicate what they did in the studio at least 80% as well as they did in the studio. Dragonforce maybe does 30%, and 29% being chords in the song.

That Pantera reference better not have been a negative one.
Quote by DeathForAll
1) Pantera is awesome.

2) I dont think you have to listen to every song a band has made to have a good opinion. To me, if I like a band, their music sticks out immediately and I am drawn to it. For this reason, I do not like any of today's music.

+ fcuking 1 mate!

music today is aweful
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
dragonforce will soon replace all emo bashing if the rates of DF bashing continue. then every1 in the world will become annoyed at the name dragonforce
dude no1 is ever gonna stop making fun of them, emo music, e.t.c., sorry, but it's just not gonna happen, people are to immature. I make fun of those all the time! I'm not hateful against dragonforce, but i can't stand emo music. i'm just say it out of opinion though, i don't think that what i say is right all the time.
tell your friends herman li is cool or he will **** on your head
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Nov 07?
.......no **** eh?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
why do people bash A7X... seriously?

I don't really like Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet
Waking the fallen should satisfy almost every metalhead
City of Evil is a musical masterpiece
And their new album is catchy as hell...

And you'll have to admit that the're talented musicians whether or not you like their style.
myspace.com/nivek88

~I will eventually troll the forum that your obsessed with~
dude...everyone gets to express their opinion my opinion... Dragonforce sucks balls live...if you have a different opinion then express it...not get all whiny about it, end of discussion thank you have a nice day.
I think they are super talented. But, still not my favorite. I do have to say though, saw them live and they played amazing. They only thing I have against Dragonforce is their vocalist is a huge dick. He was such a jerk to the crowd. He held the microphone out to the crowd and wanted us to sing for 4 minutes. Once people stopped, he stopped the show and scream at the crowd about how they should just leave cuz we didn't know all their lyrics. Then he chucked some water and bottles at people.... so if you're gonna bash, bash that
Quote by Mr.Satan

No, seriously. Big time bawwwww.
Quote by Nivek88

And you'll have to admit that the're talented musicians whether or not you like their style.

There's talent everywhere. People just don't give a shit. "I like this, so making fun of it isn't okay, but I don't like this so feel free." When people learn that it's not alright or, conversely, that they shouldn't give a **** either way it will stop (somewhat). If you don't appreciate your music taste being made fun of don't make fun of other's tastes. It's that simple.

Ex:
Quote by MadassAlex
Dragonforce doesn't really deserve all the crap it gets, especially as it's really a for-the-lulz kind of band.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense and isn't hypocritical at all. Eat a dick, nigga. Eat a dick.
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by HorridxHopes

No, seriously.

atta boy, you're learnin!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by MadassAlex

Emo, no they aren't. What makes them emo? The makeup? Is KISS emo too?

Poppy? Who cares, maybe that's how they like to sound. Since when is poppy an insult? A7X doesn't deserve all the crap they get either.
Quote by fosho
Nov 07?
.......no **** eh?

Wahhh. Everyone in April was pissing about the April 07ers too.

No n00bie bashing!
ಥ_ಥ
Dragonforce bashing will stop when people stop bashing Green Day, Fallout Boy, etc.
In other words, as long as there are people who are close minded and don't really get the point of music are alive.
If the only thing you listen to music for is fast guitar riffs (or any single feature of a song or band), then you need to try to expand your tastes.
If Dragonforce gets you off, fine. If Fallout Boy does, fine.

For me, its how the a song makes you FEEL. It could be a million notes a minute, or 5.
I don't just listen for good guitar riffs, or whatever. For some songs, that may be what I like, but not for every song. But its mostly the overall feel of a song. How well all the instruments/musicians work together.
Quote by Nivek88

no
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Nivek88

I love Avenged Sevenfold, my favorite band. And I view they're stuff the same way you do, the best song on STST was Warmness on the Soul, and it's not even guitar heavy, the piano is amazingly catchy. All their stuff after that was even better. DragonForce, I'm not really a fan of, but they have their talents. I respect them. What I don't respect is stuff like Green Day, Blink 182, Sum41, Linkin Park, etc.
I hate people. Especially black people.
Quote by HorridxHopes
lol @ u.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Eat a dick, nigga. Eat a dick.

Why? Pop emo is a terrible combination of hardcore and pop punk driven only by good marketing stategies (like punk's equivalent of nu-metal), and A7x is just ****. At least Herman Li admits that the whole thing is just for fun, and that he's a geek who plays guitar on the side, while Mr. Gates tries to give lessons when he barely knows what a Lydian mode is.
And even if Dragonforce is a studio band... Li doesn't get his daddy to do his solos for him.

Note: I'm not really a fan of any of the music mentioned in this thread.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
Blah blah blah.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S