Hey, how many of you have every bought amps from ebay? im thinking about buying a 5150 from there, but im not sure how much to trust it. im only 15, so if i get scammed it would take me a LONG time to save up the money again, know anyone whos ever gotten amp scammed? because the deals are great! i can get a 5150 combo for $650 with $100 shipping. thanks for the help.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Ebay/Paypal is really good about protecting from scamming.

See if you can find a 5150 in your area so you can just pick it up.

I just bought a Peavey Classic 50 off of ebay; it works fine and dandy.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
No idea, never bought one off ebay, but I too have a 5150 for sale, and I could beat that price if you want :P
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Damn, i wish i could buy yours but im not quite up to the price i need yet haha. my only source of money is reffing hockey games, and thats just startin up, so i should have enough by the end of winter, maybe if your still selling we could talk
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I bought my amp off the internet, not from eBay, but from a similar site. I tried amp first though, and picked it up myself. The guy who was selling actually lived like 500 yards away.
But yeah, try to find a seller in your area, so you can do the transaction in person, that way you wont have to worry.
Quote by MatrixClaw
No idea, never bought one off ebay, but I too have a 5150 for sale, and I could beat that price if you want :P

He lives in Mesa. That's where Jimmy Eat World is from.

That means I trust him
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I picked up my Epi LP from eBay, a damn fine purchase.

always check out the sellers feedback. I wouldn't buy any high priced item from somone who hasn't ever sold on there before, or doesn't have a ton of positive feedback.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by FacingUsAll
He lives in Mesa. That's where Jimmy Eat World is from.

That means I trust him

Haha, nice, you're the first one to actually know that!

I can't remember who, but one of them owns Milano's music here now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Make sure there feedback is good. And try to find one close to you. Also Check out the Harmony Central forums classifieds they have tons of deals because there is no middle man
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I dont know but you might get scammed. read the thread about the amp having smoke coming out on this. This guy boiught an amp from ebay too.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Use Paypal they have scam insurance up to 2000 dollars so you should be good. Also only buy from someone with really good feedback.