I want to know if the above on-board bass pream is any good? It requires no soldering so I was wondering when I have a new amp if this would make my Jazz Bass better?I love the feel and out right sound of the Jazz Bass but I like an active EQ too and for 165 it seems like a pretty good deal. I am also in the long run getting an Ibanez SR505 with Bartolinis and an active EQ so the "new bass" option is not available.

On a side note, Is the Peavey Tour 450 worth it? Will it clip at 3/4 of the way for volume? I tested it out and it sounded good but I do not know about quality in the long run.

Post Away.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Nov 9, 2007,
Bumpity Bump.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Didn't someone just do this over the Peavey 450, then bump it an hour later? You my good sir take a bow for waiting a couple days before bumping your own thread. Go ahead, you've earned it.

Anywho, I don't know anything about the preamps, but Peavey makes quality stuff. I've never played on a bad peavey, they can usually take a lot of the punishment you throw at them. The more you play them the more you'll love them.
Oh alright. Looks like that's the head I'm buying. I'll have to look at some cabs too. So I don't have to worry with Peavey. That's good.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
I've heard really good things about Audere pre-amps. They're a fairly common upgrade in the pre-amp department from what I've seen. Aguilar also make a good pre-amp that's a little cheaper.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I know but I am basically illiterate when it comes to electronics. I got my cousin to change the pickups on my bass even. The Audere preamp requires NO solder for the one I'm planning on getting and for $165 Us ( Canadian Dollar is worth more now, bitches) that's quite a good deal.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez