Hey all, thought someone could point me in the right direction as to what USB Interface I'd need for my recordings.

What I've got for software is Cool Edit Pro 2.0, and I need a USB interface because my soundcard won't let me listen to what I'm recording.

I'm hoping to find something that comes with multi-tracking software or works with Cool Edit Pro 2.0, and will let me jam with mp3s and such.

None of the summarys on Musician's Friend, Sam Ash and other sites don't tell me what I really want to know.

Any info would be helpful. I'd like to keep the price under $300 US, but I'd be willing to go to $450 US.

Thanks.
Originally posted by: capt_dammit
the first chord i play everybody in the store turns and looks at me like "what the hell was that..did somebody shoot a yeti with a kitten?".
Originally posted by: xtreme450
I just quoted myself in my sig!!!
ive gotta line 6 tone port ux2, its good, it has a headphone jack so you can hear your playing and recording
wow... i download a trial version of mixcraft to record and i plug my guitar in my mic jack... no fancy 300 dollar software or gadgets for me.. old school
Your soundcard won't let you hear what you are recording? Have you tried opening up windows volume control, and make sure all the sliders are turned up, especially line in and mic?

You'll probably want a good interface eventaully anyway, but that might help for now.
Yeah. There's no line in volume for output. Only line in volume for the input.
Originally posted by: capt_dammit
the first chord i play everybody in the store turns and looks at me like "what the hell was that..did somebody shoot a yeti with a kitten?".
Originally posted by: xtreme450
I just quoted myself in my sig!!!