well if i get a b in history (worst ****ing teacher, hes so hard)
for a final grade average, ill be modding my old decrepit squire that is currently at my 8 year old cousins house getting "played" (strums open strings, "i love guitar")

all of these will be bought from warmoth and guitar fetish,cept for the emg pickguard

i wont bother to mention the string trees and jackplates, etc, all hardware will be chrome black
EMG Kirk Hammett pre-wired pickguard/with pickups- 239.00
Black super smooth gotoh 14:1 tuners- 29.95
black wilkinson trem- 39.95
Maple/ Maple Warmoth Fender CBS neck - 267.00 this will be scalloped by warmoth

Paint, im not sure about, im going to remove all the **** from the body and remove the neck, and sand down the paint, prime it, etc.
what kind of paint do i use? it will be alpine white

all of this assuming i get a b
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
what in the F*** does a POS squier have to do with history class.... honestly.. im curious
i think this would be fun to do

i could do this or get an ibby s250ex
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
first is the body you are using alder? If it is then maybe thing about it. But if it is that agathis crap they use in some, tone wise, I just wouldnt bother.

The way I see it is you are adding almost 600 dollars to a guitar that is worth at most 250. I would go with the ibanez new, its a similar price (close enough) and will be way better, tone, playability(big one), and tuning etc....

Thats the way I see it.
I wouldn't buy a new guitar. You can't beat the feeling of a guitar that you worked on, customized, and made your own.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by *kas
I wouldn't buy a new guitar. You can't beat the feeling of a guitar that you worked on, customized, and made your own.

+100 Btw TS, might as well get a graphite nut too on that thing and locking tuners, as with that and the Wilkinson, it will be able to take some heavy whammy abuse.
Quote by *kas

Quote by CJRocker
+100 Btw TS, might as well get a graphite nut too on that thing and locking tuners, as with that and the Wilkinson, it will be able to take some heavy whammy abuse.

I agree!

Teh GIR, is there a reason why you're buying from both Warmoth and GF? Warmoth has very nice parts indeed but you'll pay an arm and a leg while GF too has some nice parts but they're more of a budget line. It doesn't make much sense to me to buy from both a very expensive and a very budget-oriented stores.

A lot of people find the Squier necks pretty good. I've helped a friend install a Squier PBass (Indonesian) neck on an over $1000 American Fender PBass (stringthrough) after his dog caused an accident to snap the neck in half. It was supposed to be a temporary fix but he loved the feel of the Squier neck, his first bass, that he just left it alone as a permanent fix.

If you're not too crazy about the Squier neck, you can buy an AllParts (MIJ) neck, or if you feel like customizing one, a Musikraft. Way cheaper than Warmoth but very high quality.

could i get it scallopped?

and its alder, it was actually a pretty good guitar but the pickups are all wired crappily

yeah i know, its an easy fix, but id rather do heavier modding to it

are the emg single coils could for blues?
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Teh GIR
could i get it scallopped?

and its alder, it was actually a pretty good guitar but the pickups are all wired crappily

yeah i know, its an easy fix, but id rather do heavier modding to it

are the emg single coils could for blues?

You could scallop them yourself! Project Guitar I believe it was had an article on how to. I was thinking of doing it for my strat. For the pickups, since you want blues, I would point you towards Lace pickups based on what I've heard about them.