I am thinking about getting a custom guitar since I can't decide on whether I want to get a strat or ibanez prestige. I want to get a nice electric single coil guitar with a floyd rose, so I figured a custom shop would be good. What has your experience been like with custom shops, and which is considered the best? I'd spend anywhere from 1000-1500
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
A friend of mine has one of those custom gibson les pauls thats silver and black, and im my opinion it sounds just the same as my 600 ltd viper lol
i mean i guess it depends, most of the customs your mostly paying for flashy stuff
Sorry dude, $1,500 is not going to get you a custom unless you go Carvin. GMW is also a bit over that. You may also be able to find used Charvels and Jackson USAs or a plainer Custom by either company for $1500 if you get lucky, but thats about it besides Carvin. My advice is to build one yourself to your specs using either Musikraft or Warmoth for the neck and body.
Carvin makes WONDERFUL guitars, I highly suggest them!
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

schecter synyster custom..... not exactly from a custom shop but its a still a "custom" guitar, has a FR, and sounds great
Quote by ihatethischord
schecter synyster custom..... not exactly from a custom shop but its a still a "custom" guitar, has a FR, and sounds great

95% of Signature models =