Way overpriced.

It has an alder top???

Michael Kelly Patriot, ftw .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I paid $849 after tax for my Epi LP and it hasn't given me a days trouble yet.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
^Now all customs made in 2007 should have full mahogany n a maple top, but get guitar,the reviews are 98% postive, n i want one but my country doesnt sell one n i like my custom plus alot so go for it!
Quote by T.Rextacy
I paid $849 after tax for my Epi LP and it hasn't given me a days trouble yet.

At that price, a guitar should do more than not "give you a days trouble" - it should be ****ing awesome .

Quote by FenderStRaT RS
^Now all customs made in 2007 should have full mahogany n a maple top, but get guitar,the reviews are 98% postive, n i want one but my country doesnt sell one n i like my custom plus alot so go for it!

Reviews on a website like that are worthless. How many people talk poorly about something they have just bought?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
At that price, a guitar should do more than not "give you a days trouble" - it should be ****ing awesome .

Reviews on a website like that are worthless. How many people talk poorly about something they have just bought?

I've been told it is lol. My grandpa's friend played it on stage and said it was very good. I wouldn't know seeing that i'm not very good at playing
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
^ I'm assuming that too when i bought my les paul but this one the reviews are majorly positive unlike the custom plus so i assume that there is a lower percentage of getting a crappy guitar, if not my bad
Musician's Friend has a lot of the stats for Epiphone and Gibson guitars incorrect. Those customs do in fact have a maple top. MF seem to be working off of spec sheets that at least two years old and they don't seem to care enough to correct or update anything. Hell, I've seen a couple of Gibsons on there where it looks like they just guessed the guitar's specs.

Anyway, it's nice, but you're paying extra for the special finish; that aside, it is in spec terms exactly the same as any other Epi LP Custom.
That said, I've found Epi take more care over any of their limited production guitars (like this one), so there is somewhat less risk of them turning out awful. In a way, this alone could justify the increased price.

I would still only bother if I could try a few out in a store though, and generally, I'd be more inclined to just get a regular Custom and spend the saved money on new pickups and tuners, or I'd get a Standard, upgrade it completely and re-finish it if I was really after the silver burst.
Why do people keep saying increased price?
This is a Custom, not a Standard.
The Customs run $600 on MF, the Standards run $400-$500.
Get your facts straight.
This is a hell of a deal on the Custom, and I'd jump on it if I didn't already have a goldtop standard and a knockoff silverburst.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I have this exact model but in black and chrome (I think it's on MF too), and it was made in 2005, so it still had a mahogany/alder body. And I'm afraid this one too ^^'

IMO, and considering I own one, it's not worth the money. You can get much better, mine's had lots of problems with tuning, intonation, tension and electronics.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby