First of all, I'm not sure this if this is in the right section or not, but here goes...

I've had a guitar for 6 years, but i haven't really been playing it until these last 6 months. I've always played acoustic guitar, but now my parents want to get me an electric. Luckily, they're aimimg to get me a nice guitar. don't mean like a 5k Dollar guitar, but something nice, you know? Iv'e been getting so much different advie on what kind of guitar to get though. My dad says to get a Telecaster, My uncle says to get a Stratocaster, and my mom really like Gibsons... I guess I'm pretty good at Guitar for the lenghth of time ive been playing. So...Any suggestions

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention
I like playing classic rock(none of this modern crap ) A some times a little metal.
Get a BC Warlock.
<.<
>.>

Dont take my word for it though, i dont play guitar
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
i dont think this is the write thread or w/e
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
i wish my parents would tell me they want to buy me a new guitar...

goddamn rich kids...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
go go power rangersss
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

Wrong section, but a Fender Strat or a Gibson Les Paul sounds right for you.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by GuitarHero0715
GTFO!!!!!!!!1!!!
ULTIMATE-GUITAR!!!!!.COM

Theres a little thing on this website called the vocalist/songwriting forums.
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by RageAgainst...
i wish my parents would tell me they want to buy me a new guitar...

goddamn rich kids...

Don't be hatin' on us

..and who is that in your avatar? He drives me insane every time you post.
If you get a Gibson make sure its a Standard or better.
Go try out guitars, if you like Strats get a strat, if you like gibsons get a gibson.

Or.. Get a PRS. I love our PRS.
Quote by haven222
Don't be hatin' on us

Stephen Tiberius Colbert

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by haven222

that is Stephen colbert bow down to the epic level of truthines exuding his avatar

If I had a choice, I'd pick a les paul, but do what you want

edit: he beat me... Tiberius?
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by jacobs
edit: he beat me... Tiberius?

he's claimed on a few occasions that his middle name is Tiberius and even tried to get it put on the Presidential ballot...though he was deemed ineligible by the S.C. democratic party

that's not actually his middle name though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Last edited by RageAgainst... at Nov 9, 2007,
thanks, I'd never heard him say that before
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Quote by StopReadingThis
First of all, I'm not sure this if this is in the right section or not, but here goes...

I've had a guitar for 6 years, but i haven't really been playing it until these last 6 months. I've always played acoustic guitar, but now my parents want to get me an electric. Luckily, they're aimimg to get me a nice guitar. don't mean like a 5k Dollar guitar, but something nice, you know? Iv'e been getting so much different advie on what kind of guitar to get though. My dad says to get a Telecaster, My uncle says to get a Stratocaster, and my mom really like Gibsons... I guess I'm pretty good at Guitar for the lenghth of time ive been playing. So...Any suggestions

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention
I like playing classic rock(none of this modern crap ) A some times a little metal.
Your mom is right. Gibson are great guitars. You want to play classic rock then a Gibson Les Paul is for you. $800-1,200 a good deal for a Les Paul. Telecaster I think is more of a blues guitar. Or is it jazz? Then again a Strat is good for classic rock. But I like the Les Paul. Its up to you. *edit* Gibson Les Paul Studio or Standard your choice.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Last edited by MetallicGod07 at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by RageAgainst...

he's claimed on a few occasions that his middle name is Tiberius and even tried to get it put on the Presidential ballot...though he was deemed ineligible by the S.C. democratic party

that's not actually his middle name though

It's actually Tyrone!