i am looking for a overdrive pedal and i love zakk wylde has anyone tried the mxr wylde pedal
I own it and I think it's awsome for getting some screaming overdrive tones when added to your amps distortion.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
make note that it is an OVERDRIVE not a true distortion pedal, and zakk wlyde does not actually use this pedal, but is a nice pedal, and has alot of gain
Umm, yes Zakk does use it. Zakk went to using ONLY Dunlop pedals a couple years ago. So unless he suddenly changed his mind, he doesn't use his old Boss pedals anymore.
Zakk has a Custom made petal.
looks the same.
except the knobs are removed.
only he and the tech know what the knobs are set too and if It has the same circuits.
but I doubt its the same as the model you can buy.
There are so much better overdrives.

Go boutique.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
the pedal isn't very heavy, but it makes your sound kinda harsh (some people might like that).

basically, the best words to describe it are: harsh, chunky, cutting, choppy.

you might like it, try it. but the new price ($100) i'm not liking.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Its a Distortion+ on steroids. That said, UnsignedRecords summed it up well.

EDIT: Btw, Sakk says since he just runs his at "Full f*ckin' blast" all the time they had the knobs removed, so I'm assuming it has no pots in it, which would be like running it 10/10/10, hence why he says they just run it at full blast.
Quote by mickeysixx
Zakk has a Custom made petal.
looks the same.
except the knobs are removed.
only he and the tech know what the knobs are set too and if It has the same circuits.
but I doubt its the same as the model you can buy.

They're set to ten. Zakk said so in a Tune-Up section in Guitar World awhile ago. He has the knobs removed so no roadie ****s with them being at 10.

He's a bit lazy, if you ask me.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
the pedal isn't very heavy, but it makes your sound kinda harsh (some people might like that).

basically, the best words to describe it are: harsh, chunky, cutting, choppy.

you might like it, try it. but the new price ($100) i'm not liking.

+several dozen. If that's the tone you're looking for, then go nuts. I ony got one 'cause it was $20 on Craigslist. I still kinda wish I hadn't, because now I'm hungry and the food drawer is all empty, and it's not my style.