So I've never written anything lyrically, I've never even been to this sectrion of the board.

ANy tips for a beginner?

I have like an idea of what I want to do, just don't know what to do...

Thanks...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Be creative.
Write without a plan if you want to develop during spare time, who knows where a seemingly pointless improv will go

Don't write about the following unless you have an exceptional breakthrough on the topic:
I love you
I miss you/her
Me/Us against the them
Angst angst angst angst
just grab a pen and start writing, it won't make sense but you can at least start from there
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I really love songs that are socially satrical-satirical-whatever, satire...like witty comments and such. Or just like blatant observations of life. Like the Arctic Monkeys are really good at that in my opinion. For those familiar with their works, think FRom the Ritz to the Rubble, FAke Tales of San Fransisco, or Certain Romance.

Youtube them if you don't know them.

THat's kind of what I'm gonig for, for my first song at least. And I want it to be generallyp low tempo, no more than 135 bpm.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
dude, just think of something thats bothering u, or someone who inspires u and write about them or ur problem. it works for me i dont know about other ppls
think of what you do every weekend and then write about it, and then, if you want social sattire like you said, you could think of a clever metaphor for people who you find funny/annoying/hopeless/repulsive.

Like in the case of the Arctic Monkeys, they have lines like "this house is a circus, beserk as fu ck", as in a crazy drug party or something.

Hope this helps.
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job and then I found a job

But heaven knows I'm miserable now
Write random words that describe the emotion you are feeling at that very moment.

Example:
Distraught, Angry, Saddened, Desolate, Happy.

Things like that. Find a group of words that you think you can work with without committing suicide and go from there. If you want to, I'm not saying that is a good idea, I'm just saying if you want to, Write down whatever made you feel whatever emotion you are feeling. Unless it is something stupid like your cat died or something dumb like that. If your mom died, wrrite how you miss her, how you hated her, etc. etc.

So....Yeah...I guess that's it....>.>....<.<....>.<....