I'm heavily influenced by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (their first 5 or so albums (RHCP self titled - Blood Sugar))... I love John Frusciante's wah (Ibanez wh-10) but they don't make em anymore... To be specific, his wah can be heard effectively on Stone Cold Bush (Mother's Milk) and Sir Psycho Sexy (Blood Sugar Sex Magik).
I have a Jim Dunlop JH-1 (Hendrix) wah, but it doesn't sound as good as some other wah sounds heard on recordings... I've heard about how you can alter the tone of Dunlop wahs (and probably any other wah for that matter).
How do you do this correctly to make it sound better? Is there any way you could alter a JH-1 to sound similar to an Ibanez wh-10? or are there any circuit boards for wahs that sound like a wh-10 that you could built into a pedal?

Quote by loop-de-luke
I'm heavily influenced by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (their first 5 or so albums (RHCP self titled - Blood Sugar))... I love John Frusciante's wah (Ibanez wh-10) but they don't make em anymore... To be specific, his wah can be heard effectively on Stone Cold Bush (Mother's Milk) and Sir Psycho Sexy (Blood Sugar Sex Magik).
I have a Jim Dunlop JH-1 (Hendrix) wah, but it doesn't sound as good as some other wah sounds heard on recordings... I've heard about how you can alter the tone of Dunlop wahs (and probably any other wah for that matter).
How do you do this correctly to make it sound better? Is there any way you could alter a JH-1 to sound similar to an Ibanez wh-10? or are there any circuit boards for wahs that sound like a wh-10 that you could built into a pedal?

There's plenty of schematics for the WH-10 floating around out there, you could just build that board and put it into your existing wah case.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Are any of those verified, though?

I thought at least one of them was. I know it's an inductorless design, from memory it uses a gyrator circuit to simulate an inductor.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."