Iv offically been playing for a year yesterday Im a metal head. Im self taught and learned by ear and tabs

And my question is it bad that i cant play an entire song even through reading tabs and practice? I can write and play everything i write prefectly and a lot of the times my stuff is a lot more complex than the song im trying to learn lol
Am i going in reverse order?
Iv pretty much devoted my self to guitar for the past year and i can compose riffs that friends who have been playing 2 and 4 year struggle at playing even with tabs

Am i weird? Does this make any sence? lol
omfg no dude your like a god. wtf dude only ONE YEAR and you know your tabs are super complex dude

wtf man i want to BE you
I've been playing 3 and a half and can't play a full song.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by funkyfigure8
omfg no dude your like a god. wtf dude only ONE YEAR and you know your tabs are super complex dude

wtf man i want to BE you

yay for dicks!
Quote by funkyfigure8

wtf man i want to BE you

your attempt at humor has failed
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Well maybe you should try to play full songs. But if your happy, I don't see why you should worry. You are weird, but so was Hendrix. Just keep on playing.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by ComradeRose
Iv offically been playing for a year yesterday Im a metal head. Im self taught and learned by ear and tabs

And my question is it bad that i cant play an entire song even through reading tabs and practice? I can write and play everything i write prefectly and a lot of the times my stuff is a lot more complex than the song im trying to learn lol
Am i going in reverse order?
Iv pretty much devoted my self to guitar for the past year and i can compose riffs that friends who have been playing 2 and 4 year struggle at playing even with tabs

Am i weird? Does this make any sence? lol

If you feel inadequate or dissatisfied with your guitar playing ability, as making this thread seems to indicate, then maybe you should stop avoiding your problem (no matter how incredibly complex your own compositions are) and just learn a song.

If this is off the mark though and it doesn't bother you that you can't play a full song, then don't worry about it. Keep playing what your playing.

Playing guitar has no right answer; do what makes you feel most satisfied as a player.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
If you feel inadequate or dissatisfied with your guitar playing ability, as making this thread seems to indicate, then maybe you should stop avoiding your problem (no matter how incredibly complex your own compositions are) and just learn a song.

If this is off the mark though and it doesn't bother you that you can't play a full song, then don't worry about it. Keep playing what your playing.

Playing guitar has no right answer; do what makes you feel most satisfied as a player.

Thx a ton