Hmm... well, judging by how Ibanez numbers their guitars by quality, I'd say the 900 is superior to the 800, but, if I had to guess, I would say wood quality, neck (bolt on, set, through), and tuners.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
Hmm... well, judging by how Ibanez numbers their guitars by quality, I'd say the 900 is superior to the 800, but, if I had to guess, I would say wood quality, neck (bolt on, set, through), and tuners.

Its an amp, not a guitar.
^^ what the hell is that guy on about? JCM900!!

however! only the 4100 Mk3's sound like 800s with more gain - they 4500s and later dual reverbs (i.e lots with 6L6's instead on EL34s) sound brittle and a bit weak (no balls to the wall) - all of them are still great amps, used by many famous artists
800's have more balls than 900s. 900's generally sound thinner with more gain and more modern voiced. JCM800s are seen as the marshall sound, loud as hell, thick, crunchy, and BALLS. They will shake you're walls down. I played a 100 watt half stack and that thing lowered my sperm count, I didn't have the balls to turn it up to 10, I drew the line at 7.5 or so and it was like being at a concert, you couldn't hear anything else.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project