Page 1 of 11
http://digg.com/world_news/Cops_See_12_year_old_Kid_Running_w_Toy_Gun_and_Shoot_Him_Dead_No_Charges

Quoting DIGG here "West Memphis police officer Erik Sammis did not violate 12-year-old DeAuntae Farrow’s civil rights when he killed the child on June 22, the Department of Justice has concluded."

A load of crap in my opinion.

What's yours?
██████████████████████████████
Last edited by Ralbert07 at Nov 9, 2007,
That isn't a civil rights violation... Sure it's sad and such, but it was definitely a parent's fault...
oi.

If it was some 15 or 16 year old dude running around with an airsoft gun without the orange cap on it, that'd make some what more sense. But a 12 year old?

Why would a 12 year old have a gun?

Good god.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Bastards!
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
oi.

If it was some 15 or 16 year old dude running around with an airsoft gun without the orange cap on it, that'd make some what more sense. But a 12 year old?

Good god.

In all honesty, looks can be deceiving, and it wouldn't surprise me that a 12 year old would own a gun these days.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
oi.

Good god.

+1, What kind of parent would let their child run around with a gun, fake or not? I could understand why they would shoot him if the gun looked realistic, so it really isn't the officers fault in my opinion. He may not have known the gun was fake, so he may have just trying to keep other people safe. The kid should never have run around with the fake gun in the first place.
Quote by MustangMan311
In all honesty, looks can be deceiving, and it wouldn't surprise me that a 12 year old would own a gun these days.

True.
I can't honestly think of a reason why they shouldn't have, I mean if they REALLY felt threatened by him...I just think it's morally wrong, you know? Haha

Shooting a 12 Y/O.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
The police are evil man. Phuck order. Anarchy is the only answer, except communism. Communism solves everyones problems.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
oi.

Good god.

There have been several incidents, even as of late, of 12 year olds and younger having weapons, shooting at people (more often than not it's other students) and wounding/killing people.

Edit: I'm guessing the 12 year old likely looked like a 14 or 15 year old, as many do. Also, they pointed a gun at a police officer, and refused to stop when asked to (by the officers). While this is tragic, they have orange caps on toy guns for a reason.
Last edited by munchinator at Nov 9, 2007,
That is indeed the parents fault. Seriousely, look after your goddamn kids. They don't know everything, they need guidance. Do something.
The.
i really hope this thread doesn't get bombarded with ignorant opinions and statements. The officer is not going to be completley at fault, if any fault at all. Try putting yourself in the cop's position and the amount of violence he has to put up with, then you can make an honest opinion. I would really rather not see people claiming it the officer's fault completely
By 12, haven't you grown out of the fake gun stage? Buy him a real one, he could've fought back.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Hexagram
i really hope this thread doesn't get bombarded with ignorant opinions and statements.

If i get banned (for some strange reason) there's gonna be some hell to pay
Quote by Hexagram
i really hope this thread doesn't get bombarded with ignorant opinions and statements. The officer is not going to be completley at fault, if any fault at all. Try putting yourself in the cop's position and the amount of violence he has to put up with, then you can make an honest opinion. I would really rather not see people claiming it the officer's fault completely

None of us are arguing that way, though...
The.
Quote by IronMaiden5
+1, What kind of parent would let their child run around with a gun, fake or not? I could understand why they would shoot him if the gun looked realistic, so it really isn't the officers fault in my opinion. He may not have known the gun was fake, so he may have just trying to keep other people safe. The kid should never have run around with the fake gun in the first place.

Like the cops stopped to ask how old he was. For all they know, he could have been 19, some kids look big for their age. The kid was probably fooling around or thinking he was bad ass or something and pointed it at the cops. I mean, it's sad, but there was poor judgement on both sides. I feel bad for the cop who has to live with the fact that he killed someones 12 year old kid.
Due process of law, people. Honestly...
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by Hexagram

Not sure about in the states, but here the Criminal Code states something along the lines of the brandishing of a weapon, or anything that appears of a weapon (i.e a toy gun) is considered assault with a deadly weapon. This would justify the officer's actions as self defence. IMO.
bet everyone $10 the kid was black.

black kid with a gun? SHOOT HIM.

sadly yet another example of the stupidity and corruptness of the police force in our society.
Quote by Mr.McAwesom2112
Like the cops stopped to ask how old he was. For all they know, he could have been 19, some kids look big for their age. The kid was probably fooling around or thinking he was bad ass or something and pointed it at the cops. I mean, it's sad, but there was poor judgement on both sides. I feel bad for the cop who has to live with the fact that he killed someones 12 year old kid.

Very true, that's why that cop shot that other kid...I forget how old he was, but he had an airsoft without the orange thing on it and the dumb bastard aimed it at the cops.

No, it was at a school...the kid brought a fake AK-47 to school

Jesus people are stupid...
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Hmm, let's see here.

There's a stakeout.
Cops see ANYONE with a weapon, they told him to stop. He didn't.

It doesn't matter that it's a 12-year old. A potential threat is a potential threat.
I don't know if you guys have heard but Al Sharpton is actually coming to memphis now
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Very true, that's why that cop shot that other kid...I forget how old he was, but he had an airsoft without the orange thing on it and the dumb bastard aimed it at the cops.

No, it was at a school...the kid brought a fake AK-47 to school

Jesus people are stupid...

Thank you for justifying my point. For a second there, I thought I was gonna get flamed or somthing. Applause good sir.
all that it takes for a human to be a killer is for him to breath. age doesn't matter.
Quote by Spamwise
all that it takes for a human to be a killer is for him to breath. age doesn't matter.

so basically, i'm a potential killer, you're a potential killer, so if i shot you cause i thought for absolutely no logical reason you could kill me, its justified?

think.
Quote by guitarfan93
I don't know if you guys have heard but Al Sharpton is actually coming to memphis now

Oh my God, are you serious? I hate him so much. I am guessing that they kid who got shot was black now because of Sharpton getting involved.
Quote by guitarfan93

Let's plant a fake gun on him and shoot him too, please. He's the stupidest person on the face of this earth.

But really, the kid was 12, the officer said "STOP" and the kid didn't. It's not even like he didn't know, he was practically a teenager.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
None of us are arguing that way, though...

I knew it hadn't yet but I have seen threads like these come and go and it usually turns into an argument
Last edited by Hexagram at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by original=punk
so basically, i'm a potential killer, you're a potential killer, so if i shot you cause i thought for absolutely no logical reason you could kill me, its justified?

think.

yes. we're all potential murderers, rapists, theives, etc. There's a difference in potentially being a killer some day and actually posing an immediate threat. Which is why that scenario wouldn't be justified. That wasn't the case with the cop though. They didn't go up to the kid and randomly shoot him.
Last edited by Spamwise at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by Spamwise
yes. we're all potential murderers, rapists, theives, etc. No that wouldn't be justified. That wasn't the case with the cop though. They didn't go up to the kid and randomly shoot him.

oh no, they told him to drop it, hes 12, man. i'm usually harsh on ages, but hes 12, twelve year olds are still kids. if he were 15 it'd be different.
Quote by rafarquhar
Let's plant a fake gun on him and shoot him too, please. He's the stupidest person on the face of this earth.

I agree 100% with you. He is very ignorant.
Quote by original=punk
oh no, they told him to drop it, hes 12, man. i'm usually harsh on ages, but hes 12, twelve year olds are still kids. if he were 15 it'd be different.

twelve year olds today are so much more aware than when I was twelve, and that was only four years ago. it was probably just a lack of respect for authority on the kid's part.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
oi.

Good god.

The orange cap means very little, especially at 9:50 PM as the story went. If you are holding something that looks like a firearm and threatening someone with it, the cops only have a split second to make a decision; they can't inspect it before making a decision of whether to shoot. Come to think of it, there's supposedly been street gangs who used orange paint on real firearms to help gain the upper hand in a shootout.

I really hate it when these things happen, especially as an airsoft guy. I liked the old days when you still had to mail/internet order all the equipment. Then the average joe wouldn't just walk into walmart and pick up an airsoft replica pistol, then do something retarded to get himself killed, and give legislators a reason to try to ban airsoft.

Furthermore, I really don't understand why parents can't just teach their kids these common sense issues. When I was that age, I knew well enough not to brandish a weapon in public, and I'm damn sure I would have dropped it the instant a police officer arrived on the scene.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by original=punk

First of all, at 12, are you not capable of simple commands? And maybe he didn't look 12, but even thats beside the point.
Quote by Spamwise
twelve year olds today are so much more aware than when I was twelve, and that was only four years ago. it was probably just a lack of respect for authority on the kid's part.

oh yeah, cause what have cops done for us? lets see....

disrespect the people they "protect" *cough, cough*

discriminate against minorities. that really deserves respect, ****ing ******s

rape.

murder.

heres a short list: http://www.copwatch.org/copsascons.html
Quote by JDawg
First of all, at 12, are you not capable of simple commands? And maybe he didn't look 12, but even thats beside the point.

exactly. even a dog listens to commands.
people here are saying 12 year olds should have real guns.I don't know if they are being sarcastic but not living in america,I dont know how much you guys depend on guns I find this outrageous