Heya! Just wondering if this:
Click Here
is this:
Now click here!
but upgraded to have presets? I can' really tell the difference between them otherwise... probably because I'm really tired, but anyways, any help regarding this is appreciated!
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
The second one says it has the "Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry" so that it makes your sound more full, classic, fat, and what not, where the other one seems to be a solid-state pedal which has the programming features.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Quote by mhylands
The second one says it has the "Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry" so that it makes your sound more full, classic, fat, and what not, where the other one seems to be a solid-state pedal which has the programming features.

I'm 90% sure that it's the same pedal. "Tube Amplifier Emulation Circuitry" means it's just an emulator - no tubes.

So yeah, the programmable one is only diff in the way that it's programmable.
Same pedal, one has 3 channels for 10 bucks more. I have the non programmable one. You should definitely consider buying one of the two. Both of my amps sound piss poor, but the Driver/DI makes a TON of difference. They also have a rackmount version which has more features to it, but it costs a lot more also.
Thanks! I was planning on buying the non-programmable, but I like to have a variety of presets ready, so I think I migh shell out what, and extra $10? Hopefully it's worth the $200...
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
The main difference between the two is that the programmable one does not have a parallel jack output, so you can't route an unaffected signal somewhere else like with a normal DI or the plain BDDI.

I use the programmable because I use one channel for normal playing, one for slap (bass and treble boost) and one for overdrive. Very versatile, and enables you to play gigs without an amp if the PA is decent enough.

If you have a professional amp then you don't need it that much, but for anything else a sansamp sounds fantastic, heartily reccomended
Quote by Jateca
The main difference between the two is that the programmable one does not have a parallel jack output, so you can't route an unaffected signal somewhere else like with a normal DI or the plain BDDI.

I use the programmable because I use one channel for normal playing, one for slap (bass and treble boost) and one for overdrive. Very versatile, and enables you to play gigs without an amp if the PA is decent enough.

If you have a professional amp then you don't need it that much, but for anything else a sansamp sounds fantastic, heartily reccomended

So... I have a full stack... and you're telling me that I won't be able to use it with it?
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Quote by Robb987123Bass
So... I have a full stack... and you're telling me that I won't be able to use it with it?

How did you get that out of his post? And delete your spammy "..." post as well.

Be patient.

I don't see why you CAN'T use it with a full stack, but if you've got a good rig and setup then it'll only improve your tone marginally.

Then again, it never hurts to have presets on a DI.
Yeah if you've got an awesome setup, then it may not be as beneficial to you. Both of my amps are piss poor, but with the sansamp the difference is seriously night and day. Now, if you can't get very good overdriven tones out of your rig, this will be a big help. Also, you would still benefit from having 3 channels of different sounds to work with if you need it. I got the single channel one because I really only aim for one sound for the music I play. I occasionally back off on the drive for a couple songs that is about it. Plus it's absolutely awesome for recording.
Ok... are the jacks for the Programmable one on the back? Because I don't see any besides the XLR output on the side...
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Quote by Robb987123Bass
Ok... are the jacks for the Programmable one on the back? Because I don't see any besides the XLR output on the side...

.... Yes.

I don't think it'd be as popular as it is if you had to run some 1/4" to XLR adapters and all that
Anyone have pictures so I can see how it's set up?
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Quote by Robb987123Bass
Anyone have pictures so I can see how it's set up?

What do you mean? It's essentially the same as any other pedal
Quote by Robb987123Bass

Like charlatan said, where the hell did you get that from?

There's no reason you can't use the sansamp with anything, I'm just saying that if your amplifiers preamp is good then the sansamp may not benefit you very much. If, however, you're running something along the lines of a behringer (for example) then it could help you loads.

Of course, if you just wanted to use it as an overdrive/distortion pedal, then it could be what you need regardless of your setup.

Also, the layout is very simple: One XLR out, one balanced jack output and one instrument jack input.
Quote by Jateca

Of course, if you just wanted to use it as an overdrive/distortion pedal, then it could be what you need regardless of your setup.

Also, the layout is very simple: One XLR out, one balanced jack output and one instrument jack input.

Although if you wanted just and overdrive, at that price you could get a Fulltone Bass Driver which is prob better.