Page 1 of 2
So, I bet theres been topics before, but the search button isnt working and i cant find any.

Since I have pretty good technique on real guitar i find guitar hero a bitch to play, and i cannot even play medium properly.... Fellow guitarists, are we doomed just because we play "the real thing", or am i just really screwed up?? (prepares fire-wall for flaming.....)

Hawk
holy s**t, me too!

my friends give me a hard time for them being better then me, even though i play guitar

then i whip out my real guitar and play along with guitar hero, and they shut up
Last edited by achristianrabbi at Nov 10, 2007,
Nah just practice. I'm not bad at Guitar Hero, and I play guitar decently.
SPACE FOR RENT
yea its all practice

play for 4 hours straight and youll improve
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Let those infidels mess with their inferior techniques. We will show them the real meaning of through fire and flames. *shreds*

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
No idea why this is for people. My roommate bought it so I thought what the hell. I beat Medium by playing each song once and winging it. I beat hard the same way save like 3 songs. I am on group 7 on expert. I hardly ever play, the only times I play are when my roommate goes, "Ya wanna play?" or when we're having a party. Hell, I played it left handed on Medium on some song and beat it.

I much prefer real guitar, though, and I find Guitar Hero to be a waste of time. It kinda bothers me that my roommate is trying to use guitar terms now. Bleh. Ah well, spreads good music. I guess.
People seem to think that Guitar Skills = Guitar Hero Skills.

The thing is that they should be considered two completely different instruments. Although the game is about guitar they're different and nothing alike. Want to be good at guitar? Practice with a real guitar. Want to be good at Guitar Hero? Practice on Guitar Hero not a real guitar.
D:
Signature.
I got through 68% of Through the Fire and Flame on Expert, ONE DAY YOU WILL BE AS GOOD AS ME!
Was that inspirational?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Yeah every time I play it now im worse because i try to vibrato the buttons and i always mess it up.
It is because guitar != guitar hero. They are two completely different things. Like for one most people memorize guitar parts instead of always looking at them. Plus timing on guitar hero is exact while playing guitar if your off a little bit normally it is not a huge deal and you can compensate for it. Plus since you play real guitar your mind is probably in the mode to try and hit different notes instead of only five of them plus the smaller controller probably does not help. Although playing real guitar most likely helps when you are trying to get timings right and picking it up quicker, so the learning curve might be nicer than for someone who plays no instruments at all.
You should check out the new south park episode, Guitar Queer-o. Are we allowed to post links to streaming sites here?
No bends, no vibratos, no pinch harmonics, no sweep picking, no tapping, no slides, no palm muting!

Needless to say I majorly screw up when trying any of those on GH. I can't help it, I just do stuff without thinking about it.
Join the club, I suck horribly at it, worst there is. I can learn a Hendrix or Beatles song in an hour but not these songs, damn color recognition.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by Gator823
Yeah every time I play it now im worse because i try to vibrato the buttons and i always mess it up.

God I do that all the time too, I thought I was just weird.
uhhhh, yea
We must start a Jihad against Guitar Hero....... Its making people that didnt play guitar that used words like "shred" or "rocking" into even bigger dicks cause of Guitar Hero.

So yeah its making dicks into big hard dicks

Confusing, huh?
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
It's just a game,
I don't expect to be able to pick up Halo 3 or Gears of War start playing the game without losing a few times, why should this be different?
I mean, Gun Enthusiasts find it hard using a Gun at Gaming Arcades straight off because they are completely different...

Just accept that you won't always be good at something straight off...
and to those who are complaining about it, no-one's forcing you to play it, Or even take the people who do seriously when they use guitarist terms.
At least it features decent songs, Rather than Rapp or Pop songs which are dominating the mainstream.
JUST GET OVER IT
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
I play on expert... but I play it quite a bit with my friends and family.

At first I sucked but I got better after playing it a while.

I'm now stuck on the part of GH3 where the songs are Stricken and 3's and 7's. That's damn tough.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by WH15P3R
It's just a game,
I don't expect to be able to pick up Halo 3 or Gears of War start playing the game without losing a few times, why should this be different?
I mean, Gun Enthusiasts find it hard using a Gun at Gaming Arcades straight off because they are completely different...

and to those who are complaining about it, no-one's forcing you to play it, Or even take the people who do seriously when they use guitarist terms.
At least it features decent songs, Rather than Rapp or Pop songs which are dominating the mainstream.
JUST GET OVER IT

We were never saying it sucked, we said we can't play it. Calm down.
I don't get why it's so hard for guitar players to get used to playing this game. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE A GUITAR SIMULATOR! It's just a fun music/rhythm game. You are not playing a guitar, you are playing a piece of plastic with 5 buttons on it. And honestly, I've never met or seen anybody who thinks they're really cool because they're good at Guitar Hero.
Quote by hawk5211
So, I bet theres been topics before, but the search button isnt working and i cant find any.

Since I have pretty good technique on real guitar i find guitar hero a bitch to play, and i cannot even play medium properly.... Fellow guitarists, are we doomed just because we play "the real thing", or am i just really screwed up?? (prepares fire-wall for flaming.....)

Hawk

Maybe because guitar hero sucks?
Quote by Masonpwiley
We were never saying it sucked, we said we can't play it. Calm down.

I'm not too angry, this is just 1 too many threads where people are complaining because they can't adapt.
Also people were saying it sucked...
Let's Create a Jihad Against it?
That sounds like they were saying it sucked eh?

EDIT:
Look above this post.
Wow?
That surely shows intolerance to anything that poses some difficulty.
I found it quite easy, maybe it's because you people have Rhythm and Timing issues?
Quote by WH15P3R
It's just a game,

JUST GET OVER IT

wow.

Country music sucks too, should I continue disliking it, or just get over it? lol
Quote by -Wolverine-
wow.

Country music sucks too, should I continue disliking it, or just get over it? lol

Well, the difference is you aren't making threads because you can't play it.
There is a thread like this every god damned day with people who start complaining about how they can't play it straight out of the box.
Well to get off this stupid argument, I find it relaly funny that I suck at easy because it goes too slow and medium too for the same reason. I play in hard and do somewhat decent but the last button pisses me off.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Masonpwiley
No bends, no vibratos, no pinch harmonics, no sweep picking, no tapping, no slides, no palm muting!

Needless to say I majorly screw up when trying any of those on GH. I can't help it, I just do stuff without thinking about it.

I agree that it's totally different, but there is a little tapping on Jordan I believe.
In my opinion this game is great,
But it's sorta hard to do pinch harmonics and sweeping and slides with 5 big plastic colorful buttons.
It's meant to just be fun, not a simulator.
=]
YESSSS!!! PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTAND!!

i play guitar, and everyone knows i play guitar, so thus everyone expects to be good at guitar hero but im not. at all.

i keep wanting to add extra **** that they dont put in the game, such as on gh2 when they had killin in the name of. tom morello puts palm muted **** in there that they didnt put on the game, even on expert and it makes me mad.

I haven't found much of a correlation between the game and my actual playing. Then again I've only played it a few times. It's a video game like any other, and I've done decent. I'm sure it's just a matter of practice.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Did not read a lot of the posts after mine, but to whoever made the comment, I tried to vibrato and bend the buttons sometimes, too xD.

Besides, 5 frets vs. 144 frets. I think it's easy to determine which one is harder. It's just a game, meh. I used to loathe it to the core, but hell, it's a fun party game and a blast when you're drunk.

I'm stuck on Before I Forget--the only one left in group 7--on Expert. I just said screw it and went and played guitar. It's really not that addicting (to me). My roommate couldn't put it down for a week straight (or more) since we got it. -_-

Oh, and Guitar Queer-o was golden
My fingers are too big for the fret buttons.
I phailz.
My band: Iconic Vivisect

Quote by madbasslover
I think what we can all take away from this is that people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to as long as we're all the same religion.
i kick ass at guitar hero...then again my real guitar skills could use improving :P
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by WH15P3R
In my opinion this game is great,
But it's sorta hard to do pinch harmonics and sweeping and slides with 5 big plastic colorful buttons.
It's meant to just be fun, not a simulator.
=]

The thing is, I've never met ANYONE outside this site that thinks they kick ass at guitar because they're good at GH. Though maybe that's because I don't hang around with pre-teen idiots.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Page 1 of 2