so i've pretty much looked at all the tube amps within the $600 price range, and the fender hot rod deluxe seems like the best choice. i've looked and it's gotten the best reviews, and it's not some weird brand that i know nothing about. my only inquiry is its overdrive. people say fender amps have bad overdrive, and i was wondering if that would make a difference if i already plan on using an OD pedal with the amp? I'm gonna order it tomorrow unless someone can give me information that might warn me otherwise.
why get a hot rod when you can get a peavey classic?
I actually compared them side by side for about 2 hours with several different guitars.
The hotrod has a bit better cleans, but the peavey's overdrive channel kicks it's arse.
Plus, peavey classics are easy to find used, and they're built sturdy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
peavey classic
crate palomino
marshall JCM900 HGDR
all amps with a good gain channel and good cleans for <$600
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i tried the peavey classic out, and i decided it wasn't for me. i can't find a place near enough that has the hot rod deluxe, but it seems like the best choice that's left over in this price range that has a good amount of wattage. i'm just asking if anyone here has found any problems with the hot rod. as far as other amps go, i think i'm pretty much set on this one, unless i get some shocker that changes my mind.
the only issue in the hotrod for me it's the price

$1200 is the cheaper one i've found at any store at my city
blues deluxe?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Actually... if you're completely set on a fender, get a blues deluxe instead of a hotrod deluxe. The blue's overdrive is a bit more usable.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i dont really like the overdrive of either. i played a fender twin and neither of those amps compare. i played a sheraton II through a BD and a twin, and the BD just wasnt doing it for me. fenders overdrive is kinda thin anyway. unless you crank the clean channel then its fender-y goodness. but just go get the HRD and if you like it then you like it. no talkin you out of it

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Fender overdrive is fairly thin, i dont know if you can do this on the HRD but on my twin before i got my orange i used to have the clean channel on a mid cut and my overdrive mid boosted and run them together with a tube screamer, it was the only way to make it sound good. And thats one of fenders top of the line... If thats possible with the HRD you'll get a fairly decent lead tone and kinda ok dirty rhythm. I agree with suggesting a peavey classic unless you really want the cleans.