Hey does anyone here know how to remove a super glue stain from a guitar finish?
Gasoline.

Sounds funny but I'm serious.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Gasoline.

Sounds funny but I'm serious.

I would think that would eat through the lacquer, so you better use a VERY small amount on a cloth or something, then just kind of rub off the glue.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Dog454
I would think that would eat through the lacquer, so you better use a VERY small amount on a cloth or something, then just kind of rub off the glue.

Words of wisdom.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
theres actually solution that takes that kind of stuff off the one i know is called goo gone and you can use it on hardwood floors so i could think that you could use it on guitars also go see a guitar tech about it they will probly know what to do
i think the gas would be fine on poly finishes, but you might want to use something more gentle on lacquer.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
I would have thought that the super glue would have eaten through the lacquer tbh
I'm mean super glue melts plastic a bit so when you stick it there have a stronger bond... i think
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
nail polish???
is it in the pickguard or the wood?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

A small amount of nail polish remover (acetone) soaked into a rag will take off the superglue fine.

Just dab and rub the glue off gently.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
There is a cleaner/solvent for superglue sold in hobby shops called Z3 Debonder. I am pretty sure the it's made by Pacer who make the Zap brand of super glue. I am not sure what kind of finish you have on your guitar so it's hard to say how to remove it. If it's one of those flat, faded or bare wood finishes you might never get it out because it wicks into the grain. If it's a painted/clear finish test what ever your going to use where it's not going to show. I usually pull off one of the cavity covers and test there so if it does disolve the finish it's going to be hidden. A lot of the idea here might work on the glue but also might take the finish off so be careful. I don't know if this has happened to some poeple but sometimes superglues turn paint of clear finishes white! It does the same thing to clear plastics I found the only way to get that out is to use very fine 1200 to 2000 grit sandpaper/polishing cloth in a few steps then actually polishing it with a decent polishing compound. Stewart Mac sells all kind of stuff for glues, snadpaper, polishes etc and their techs are very helpful but it might take a couple days for them to get back to you. If your going to use superglues use either Zap or Hot Stuff. They are a better quality than the crap (Crazy Glue)you buy at the local drug, hardware or home improvement center. Hobby shops and high end woodcraft stores carry the better brands and the stuff to clean or remove it.

John
I stupidly spilt some super glue on my Brian Setzer Gretsch and found the best way to get it off was to use some T-Cut (used by automotive Industry). Put a small amount on a rag and keep polishing with some force to the area with glue on, then use a clean cloth to polish and buff to a shine and repeat if necessary.
T-Cut is a relatively mild cutting compound that is used on paint and lacquer to remove minor scratches and swirls. Depending on how hard and long you rub, it will remove a fraction of a layer at a time. When you are happy with the result, polish with your usual guitar polish.