I've recently decided that i really want to become a good guitar player. One of the things im trying to improve on is my speed and dexterity. I've been looking up solos to play but can't find any tabs that are challenging (turns out alot of the bands i like tap alot). However im definitely not ready for any crazy Dragonforce type stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on practice material?
you know you want to learn the solo from Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young... definitely the hardest solo ever...
A:
Mine was from 'Smoke on the water' or the first solo from 'Fade to black'. cant really remember..
Quote by TripleN666
A:
Mine was from 'Smoke on the water' or the first solo from 'Fade to black'. cant really remember..

smoke on the water was actually my first solo too... are you also one of the few who learned more than just the riff of the song?
Errrm the solo at the end of "Lip Gloss and Black" by Atreyu, nice ballady feel to it I think.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
come as you are...if you even call it a solo
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
smells like teen spirit =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Wow, pretty much learned Detroit Rock City's and Smells Like Teen Spirit's at the same time.
MY GEAR

Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Std. (Washed Cherry)
Ibanez Iceman 400 (Black)
Jackson RR3 Rhoads (Crimson Swirl)
Ibanez AS73 (Red)

Roland Cube 60
Marshall MG100DFX Combo
Line 6 Pod ST
I think I started with the slide guitar on Freebird, or with Heartbreaker...
Quote by TripleN666
A:
...or the first solo from 'Fade to black'

Reading that made me want to go try, and to my surprise...it's almost the first solo I've been able to play (non-original of course).
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Would?- Alice in Chains. The unplugged version.
It's gonna be a blue day
The first solo that I learned was Zzyzx Rd. by Stone Sour along with the solo to Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold.
No Doubt - Don't Speak
Weapons of choice-
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Favorite genre-

Hard Rock
Hair Metal
Classic Metal
J-Rock

Quote by InVaZi0n
Domination by Pantera.

seriously? that sounded really hard to me!!!

im a beginner...my first solos are seize the day and "a tout le monde". I was inspired by Jason Becker. Problem is: being inspired by a shred guitarist makes the learning process a little not-so-encouraging. Then I found Dime.