I've finaly found a head/cab I can afford.

Ashdown MAG300H
She has mixed reviews but shes gotta be better then a behringer =P

Now as for the cab. Im not sure if I want a 4x10 or a 1x15. Me being an amp nub I have no idea what the diffrence is

The 1x15

The 4x10

As far as I can see these are a good choice + I dont have a lot of money to spend. If they are crap please tell me.

Also can you explane what to look out for in an amp for I have no idea (more watts the better?)

Thanks!
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
I'm opening a student account for the sole purpose of buying one of these with the overdraft

I'm getting the 4x10 first, with the intention of getting the 1x15 later on. The 410 will give you better highs, the 115 will give you better lows.

Just remember though, you WILL need 2 cabs to get the full wattage, as the head is 4 ohms and the cabs are 8 ohms each, if I remember right.

If you're not sure how that works:

Head= 300 watts. At 4 ohms, an 8ohm speaker cab will take half the wattage (150w). A 4 ohm speaker will take all 300 watts. A 16 ohm speaker will take 75w.
Oh sweet!

So..I'll get the 115 (I like lows =P) THEN the 410 when I have enough cash.

Is there any risk of blowing/damaging the speakers with that ohm thing? Like if I play too loudly?
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Ah, I had the same dilema that you currently find yourself pivoting over. I play a 5-string and I'm using a 12" speaker right now, so First I'm going to buy an 18" cab (Or make it) then I'm going to buy the 4x10 version and hook it to that. But first I have get a new upright so...