I wanna paint my Black Pickguard White and need a good quality paint that will get the job done (and keep it that way..)

Any suggestions?

Thanks
You mean white.

I dont know where I can get one, I'll check with a music store. Its *drum role* The Cheap Skates Ultimate Geetar...Epiphone Les Paul Junior!
Quote by Geetar_Axel
I wanna paint my Black Pickguard White and need a good quality paint that will get the job done (and keep it that way..)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RustOLeum, Krylon, Duplicolor, or any house brand from Big Box DIY chain stores sell Paint for Plastic.

My first "Paint for Plastic" attempt ... quite scratch-resistant

Quote by Ippon
RustOLeum, Krylon, Duplicolor, or any house brand from Big Box DIY chain stores sell Paint for Plastic.

My first "Paint for Plastic" attempt ... quite scratch-resistant

Don't take this the wrong way but I can't believe thats scratch resistant. Did you clear over it? It looks very rough and pronounced, like when I painted up my Charvel put the pain right over the clear. TS, why not just buy a new pickguard for like $10 from MF?
Quote by CJRocker
Don't take this the wrong way but I can't believe thats scratch resistant. Did you clear over it?

I'm always open to potential improvements to technique so any of my posts are open to criticism. Yes, it's quite scratch-resistant but you're allowed not to believe it.
Quote by CJRocker
It looks very rough and pronounced, like when I painted up my Charvel put the pain right over the clear.

Rough indeed ... that was after removing the mask, so it hasn't been wetsanded, making the demarcation lines pretty obvious.

The correct sequence is spray with the paint for plastic, wetsand to remove the demarcation lines to the point where you can't feel the plastic going to the paint, then clear. I've re-finished a couple of guitars and PGs for a couple of UGers and so far, all of them have confirmed that the PGs I've painted have been scratch-resistant, not to be confused with scratch-proof.

I'm not sure about your technique of clearcoat then paint. If it works for you, great!

Quote by Ippon
I'm always open to potential improvements to technique so any of my posts are open to criticism. Yes, it's quite scratch-resistant but you're allowed not to believe it.

Rough indeed ... that was after removing the mask, so it hasn't been wetsanded, making the demarcation lines pretty obvious.

The correct sequence is spray with the paint for plastic, wetsand to remove the demarcation lines to the point where you can't feel the plastic going to the paint, then clear. I've re-finished a couple of guitars and PGs for a couple of UGers and so far, all of them have confirmed that the PGs I've painted have been scratch-resistant, not to be confused with scratch-proof.

I'm not sure about your technique of clearcoat then paint. If it works for you, great!

Ah thats why it looked rough. I sprayed Black Krylon over the clear of my charvel for a budget EVH job without destroying the finish so if I got tired of it I could take it back to stock, and I did half of it with my nails The plastic paint must harden up much better. Anyway, thats interesting about the wet sanding... probably should of tried that. Thanks for info.