Ok so a few days ago I made a thread asking what you guys thought was better out of the squire vintage modified jazz bass and the olp mm2. I realize now that the vintage modified jazz bass is too expensive, so unfortunately, i won't be able to get it.
Anyway, the olp MM2 still stands as a possibility as do the squire affinity and standard basses.

Ive pretty much decided on an ashdown perfect 10 amp (ill only be using it for practice and maybe with another guitarist).

So basically, in your opinion, which is the best out of:
Olp MM2
Squire affinity jazz bass
squire standard jazz bass

And I WILL be going to try all these out maybe tomorrow or next weekend.

thanks!
I can't really judge on the squire standard, but I can tell you the Affinity series is horrendous, and that I personally do not like the OLP MM2 at all. So I guess I'm indirectly telling you to go for the Squire Standard.

Though, I really would try save up for that SVMJ, but if you need a bass right now, out of those three, probably Squire Standard. Or you could look into lower end Ibanez basses, like the GRS starter pack? It's got a pretty decent little bass in it, it lasted me quite well, great to learn on. The amp isn't really so good but it's a practice amp, it gets the job done as well as any other would.
I know i shouldnt base my choice on looks, but ibanez's, yamahas and most other brands just look too weird for me.
haha, the ibanez grs just looks like a j-bass without a pickguard and a slightly bigger pickguard.

But I guess looks are...somewhat important. If you don't actually like your bass, it's not going to be very fun for you to play.
i recently got a Peavey Millenium BXP bass which was quite cheap and i can tell you its amazing, sounds amazing, feels amazing, oh and GAK sent me the 5 string model instead of the 4 string i ordered so an added bonus !

Id look into those basses too.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Ok guys thanks for those suggestions. I couldn't make it down to the store today, but next weekend is written on the calender.

Oh, and the bass has to be good for slap and fingerstyle. Ill be mostly playing funk and maybe some rock (mostly funk).

cheers.
I would suggest the LTD B-10 starter set. It is acctualy a really nice bass,it's cheap and has a great tone, I tried one out the other day through a 1x15 Peavy and it sounded awesome.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by RJayZ
I can't really judge on the squire standard, but I can tell you the Affinity series is horrendous, and that I personally do not like the OLP MM2 at all. So I guess I'm indirectly telling you to go for the Squire Standard.

Though, I really would try save up for that SVMJ, but if you need a bass right now, out of those three, probably Squire Standard. Or you could look into lower end Ibanez basses, like the GRS starter pack? It's got a pretty decent little bass in it, it lasted me quite well, great to learn on. The amp isn't really so good but it's a practice amp, it gets the job done as well as any other would.

Have you ever tried an affinity? Unless I hit the jackpot, mine is pretty damn nice for the price, and would recommend it to anyone as a starter bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'd say the Squier Affinity J is a good bet...but then again, I really like Jazz bases.

But it's your call.
The.
Ibanez sound gear fools. Its pricier then then other starters, but youll be able to use it a lot longer, so its worth the extra $50-$75 dollars.
i have a squier affinity pbass, terrible.

i despise the sound quality of it, so i would reccomend the standard jazz
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke