Page 1 of 2
I was looking for tabs for Marty Friendman's Elixir, and just like I thought, there were no tabs for said song. Instead, I decided to download whatever came up, because I was ****ing bored.

1 song that came up was this song called Elixir Theory by a band called Havenstance.

I listened to the power tab, and I have to say that this song is AMAZING. Upon hearing this great piece of musicality, I downloaded all of the other powertabs by this "Havenstance" band. All are equal as great.

So I said "I HAVE to hear this band..." Lo and behold, it doesn't exist...I've looked on Myspace, Google, everything. Nothing but links to the tabs.

Does anyone have any information on this band? Any sound clips? Please share if you do.

Thanks.
Could be a guy who tabbed his unsigned bands stuff. Just throwing out ideas, who submitted the tab?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
*insert another useless comment pertaining to how I will wait for someone else to recognise this band*
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
*insert another useless comment pertaining to how I will wait for someone else to recognise this band*

Because that comment was much more useful.

EDIT: I bet the band is TS's band and this is a very clever and sneaky way of advertising it
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
Because that comment was much more useful.

EDIT: I bet the band is TS's band and this is a very clever and sneaky way of advertising it

I outright said my comment was useless. What the fuck were you expecting?!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Because, as we know, every post in the Pit must be useful.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by break-me-in
I outright said my comment was useless. What the fuck were you expecting?!

You were criticising other people's useless comments with a useless comment. 'Scalled irony, flappy.
The film critic does not necessarily need to have made any films.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by JamesDouglas
You were criticising other people's useless comments with a useless comment. 'Scalled irony, flappy.

No, I was actually making a comment along those lines, satirising myself and others whilst doing so.

Quote by rorythefaggot
Because, as we know, every post in the Pit must be useful.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I like it. I need to find this band

I didn't know UG let you put up songs by unsigned bands?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by break-me-in
No, I was actually making a comment along those lines, satirising myself and others whilst doing so.

*Yawn* You're in an idiot. I know what you were doing, what I was doing was saying that what you did was as pointless as the other useless posts spamming this thread. Ah yes, spamming, stop doing it.
Quote by JamesDouglas
*Yawn* You're in an idiot. I know what you were doing, what I was doing was saying that what you did was as pointless as the other useless posts spamming this thread. Ah yes, spamming, stop doing it.

I'm not an idiot, you are. If you truly knew what I was doing, you wouldn't have needed to point out to me how useless my post was, because I was making that statement myself. It's called satire. So what if it's spamming? Half of the posts in any thread are spam.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by whalepudding
I like it. I need to find this band

I didn't know UG let you put up songs by unsigned bands?

You can request that a band be added to the database, and usually they'll comply. So any band can be on UG. I don't know how tabs get approved if no-one's heard the song though...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I'm not an idiot, you are. If you truly knew what I was doing, you wouldn't have needed to point out to me how useless my post was, because I was making that statement myself. It's called satire. So what if it's spamming? Half of the posts in any thread are spam.

If you knew it was useless why'd you post it and just because other people are spamming morons why do you need to be one?

All in all, stfu.
Quote by JamesDouglas
If you knew it was useless why'd you post it and just because other people are spamming morons why do you need to be one?

All in all, stfu.

I don't think they're morons, they're simply expressing an interest in the thread, the same as someone might simply post a in a funny thread. I knew my post was essentially useless, and still posted it to express an interest and as a SATIRE (how many times will I have to repeat that word before you look it up) of the other posts.

And no I won't STFU. I have no good reason to. If you honestly feel this affronted by one pointless post, I'd imagine you'd go on a killing spree if you ever faced up to the insignificance of your own existence. And by the way, all your posts have been equally pointless . *Basks in the irony*

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't want to get into an argument, but I gotta say, both of you arguing is far, far more useless than the original post.
Quote by whalepudding
I don't want to get into an argument, but I gotta say, both of you arguing is far, far more useless than the original post.

As I was attempting to point out in my last post... But I'm bored, so if this asshole wants to argue, so be it. (Also, I have at least contributed to the thread a bit by replying to your first post, although I can't find the elusive Havenstance.)

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Bakc to the topic, has anyone found anything else on the elusive havenstance?
I just listened to it, and it was rather epic!

I would like to listen to the band but with no MySpace or even a website it's hard to find them
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by bluephyre
I should probably listen to these tabs

It was really good, when this Incubus song finishes I'm going to listen to the rest!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
what genre you reckon they are?
cos they aint on metal archives
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by whalepudding

Of course it is. But this guy thinks that because something is satirical or ironic you're allowed to post it no matter how useless, absolutely not funny at all or downright pointless it is.

Maybe to make this particular post less pointless I should copy and paste the lyrics to Ironic in it.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Of course it is. But this guy thinks that because something is satirical or ironic you're allowed to post it no matter how useless, absolutely not funny at all or downright pointless it is.

Maybe to make this particular post less pointless I should copy and paste the lyrics to Ironic in it.

Because they're not ironic? Old.

You acknowledged his point then continued with yet another spam post intended to combat my spam posts? Hey, did you know 9/11 was a government conspiracy to stop terrorism? You're a hypocrite.

I don't think that I'm allowed to post useless things because they're ironic, and it wasn't an attempt to make people laugh, it was just a more interesting way of presenting my useless post about how I was intrigued. In fact, the format of stating that my post was useless should have rendered me the only one of those people not open to criticism from idiots like you. I guess not, as apparently every post must have intense meaning and substance. Have you ever visited the pit? You should just be fucking glad I didn't tell him to rub icy hot on it!

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by sebastian_96

It was really good, when this Incubus song finishes I'm going to listen to the rest!

I disliked how it sounded in powertab format, but I can imagine it working well on guitar.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
USEFUL POST
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by rorythefaggot
USEFUL POST

This post is also useful.

SARCASM.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I disliked how it sounded in powertab format, but I can imagine it working well on guitar.

Yeah, but that's how I view all MIDI files. I imagine them preformed on real instruments to get a jist of how good it would turn out.

the muffin!
Quote by alexi_laiho
what genre you reckon they are?
cos they aint on metal archives

If anyone actually followed my link on the first page, it goes to the guitar tricks website where a guy had posted lyrics an also stated that he was in the band 'Havenstance'. Also he compared the band to Nightwish.

If anyone has an account at Guitar Tricks, go to the link on the first page and click the the guys screen name. I think it is Adji or something. I tried to get his email from there so I could see wth was going on but you need to be a member of Guitar Tricks.
Quote by soulflyV
If anyone actually followed my link on the first page, it goes to the guitar tricks website where a guy had posted lyrics an also stated that he was in the band 'Havenstance'. Also he compared the band to Nightwish.

If anyone has an account at Guitar Tricks, go to the link on the first page and click the the guys screen name. I think it is Adji or something. I tried to get his email from there so I could see wth was going on but you need to be a member of Guitar Tricks.

I read his post, but that was it.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
holy hell

this guy was only 16 or 17 when he wrote this stuff... thats amazing.

edit:
actually, something isnt right -- according to the "updated" thing on UG, he was 13 when this was submitted (assuming this adji guy submitted the songs to UG)

when he submitted the same songs to other sites, he was 19.

what i said was assuming he wrote the songs. my best guess is that the band existed before he was in it, because theres no way a 13 year old can write that kind of music.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Nov 10, 2007,
The updated thing on UG is stuffed, I thought everyone knew that?

the muffin!
whoops, sorry, i thought it was too, but i double checked by going to the RHCP list of tabs, and it said that it was updated the day before yesterday, so i thought maybe it was right...

anyway, further into my stupid investigation, i have found that UG has a user called Adji who registered around the same time as the guy who posted on guitar tricks, and has the same birthday.
HAY GUIZ, I FINK ITS HIM!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/adji/

theres no "last active" thing, though, so i dont think he's gona answer any PM's, or find this thread....
he's made no posts
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by JamesDouglas

All in all, stfu.

I wasn't spamming when I first posted, I did it so I could (honestly) follow the thread.
Quote by instagata0
whoops, sorry, i thought it was too, but i double checked by going to the RHCP list of tabs, and it said that it was updated the day before yesterday, so i thought maybe it was right...

anyway, further into my stupid investigation, i have found that UG has a user called Adji who registered around the same time as the guy who posted on guitar tricks, and has the same birthday.
HAY GUIZ, I FINK ITS HIM!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/adji/

theres no "last active" thing, though, so i dont think he's gona answer any PM's, or find this thread....
he's made no posts

I sent him one anyway.
Page 1 of 2