Poll: What would you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do?
Defer for a semester, save money
5 50%
Get straight into, don't allow time to get lazy
5 50%
Voters: 10.
So I'm almost finished my final VCE exams and I'm not sure what I'm going to do next year.

All going well I should get into a Bachelor of IT & Systems course majoring in multimedia. However, I don't get my license until the start or April but the first semester starts mid February which means whoring rides from parents and friends.

I think I should be able to defer for a semester and start the course mid year. This means hopefully working full time in a lousy job plus a bit of freelance media work to build my portfolio and to save up for a nicer car. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I defer I won't want to go back, especially if I can't defer for a semester and have to defer for a whole year.

So my options:
1. Defer for a semester, save money
2. Get straight into, don't allow time to get lazy.

What would YOU do?

Also, anyone familiar with the Australian uni system or whatever. If the course says first semester and second semester intakes does this mean I WILL be able to defer for the first semester? I assume it does.

EDIT: How do I make a poll?
EDIT 2: Nevermind, figured it.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Last edited by iwishiwasafish at Nov 10, 2007,
i say just wait a year, why would you be too lazy to make good money?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Oh no, I wouldn't be too lazy to work, I would be too lazy to get back into the school spirit type of thing. Like, I wouldn't want to return to the uni course. And given the option, it'll be half a year off. I don't think I could handle a whole year at the moment.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

well i defered, im still in that defferal year actually

it does get very boring and sucks in a lot of ways but at the end of the day for me i was looking at moving to adelaide with $700 in the bank but now im going to have about $10,000 which is going to make a huge difference
Public transport is more hassle than it's worth.
Quote by chillininfl
Quote by GiantRaven