I am looking to get a slash like tone,

i have first of all a G&L Legacy ( which i love, better than trat IMO but thats not the topic )
amp= vox valvetronix adh100vt
pedal= i have a morley classic wah
Danelectro flanger, chorus, and echo

Now im looking what else i would need to get a similar to Sweet Child O'mine, and buying a Les paul...no thanks :P i already have my trademark guitar(if i can sa so :P)

thanks

Slash of Guns N' Roses
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence ? 8

I would assume that as the Sweet Child O' Mine tone is fairly trebley, you'd just increase the treble as needed.
Buy a Marshall half stack and stick a big muff infront of it.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by TheShadow

Slash of Guns N' Roses
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence ? 8

thing is i dont have those setting :P lol missing presence and what amp :P
use the neck pick-up, it will imidiatly sound a little bit like it, you can tweak the sound to make it sound better by using the amp settings etc.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by gnr2206
listen to cds and watch dvds and ull learn to get his tone

im not talking about the playing style, more like what effects
Quote by ferguson911
thing is i dont have those setting :P lol missing presence and what amp :P

Presence: 7 (According to his Official Fansite). Also use a JCM800/900 style model on that, whatever it is.

I would assume that as the Sweet Child O' Mine tone is fairly trebley, you'd just increase the treble as needed.

I would wager thats because he's using his bridge pickup, so it sounds better with the wah.

Buy a Marshall half stack and stick a big muff infront of it.

What does a Big Muff have to do with Slash?
I can kinda get a semi-slashish tone, all you need is a humbucker equipped guitar, a good tube amp, and maybe a muff or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TheShadow

Slash of Guns N' Roses
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence ? 8

are these the same setting thats on slash's site thats for the slash sig head? they dont sound right for me with my dsl401
Quote by scottish nutter
are these the same setting thats on slash's site thats for the slash sig head? they dont sound right for me with my dsl401

The JCM2000s are higher gain and voiced a bit differently then The 900s. They have a more modern voicing, and I think the mids are less prevalent on them. Try putting your mids at 5 or 5.5 and rolling your gain back to about 5 or 6.