http://www.projectcensored.org/

Just wondering what you Pit Monkeys think about this. To be honest, I'm thoroughly disillusioned. Is this website to be trusted or is it all fabrication? It seems trustworthy, but then again I hope it isn't.

Check out Top 25 of 2007
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Looks to be just one Uni Student trying to kick up a fuss. Didn't actually bother reading any of the articles though.

The book it advertises is on Amazon, however the webpage looks a bit unprofessional, so they could be real but just sloppy?

The book got good reviews from some papers and such, can't say anymore for the site though.
It's mostly just a collection of articles that people haven't really heard much about but should have. Not being American, I don't know if these little newspapers exist (y'know, I don't wanna be talking about these articles only to find the newspapers don't exist and it's been made up )

All the articles are pretty horrible- detainees killed by soldiers during torture, physicists who believe that 9/11 was an inside job, massacres by UN soldiers, Halliburton selling Nuclear technologies to Iran etc.

They all sound like stuff that might be made up, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: By the way, I can verify that the ones from UK newspapers are real articles, on the top 25 from 2007 at least (Not read the whole site yet),
Quote by aaron13
Last edited by Hobolad at Nov 10, 2007,
I didn't read any of the articles, except for the title of the second one. "Bush Pushes Towards Martial Law."
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
I didn't read any of the articles, except for the title of the second one. "Bush Pushes Towards Martial Law."

That's a pretty biased news title in my opinion. Yeah, the Patriot Act seems like it, but Martial Law means soldiers in all our streets. They're in Iraq.
Get off my lawn.
That's a pretty biased news title in my opinion. Yeah, the Patriot Act seems like it, but Martial Law means soldiers in all our streets. They're in Iraq.

It's not the Patriot Act they're talking about- it's the "Military Commissions Act"- unless that's another name for the Patriot Act. I dunno- I'm completely ignorant on the subject to be honest
Quote by aaron13
That's another one of our freedom restricting laws, but it's not martial law.
Get off my lawn.
Here's the site the martial law thing is taken from-http://www.towardfreedom.com/home/content/view/911

It is very biased and stuff in it's wording, which is sad- just given the facts it would be just as shocking and a lot less likely to be seen and laughed off as propaganda. Aw well.

"Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder.""

"The law also facilitates militarized police round-ups and detention of protesters, so called "illegal aliens," "potential terrorists" and other "undesirables" for detention in facilities already contracted for and under construction by Halliburton. That's right. Under the cover of a trumped-up "immigration emergency" and the frenzied militarization of the southern border, detention camps are being constructed right under our noses, camps designed for anyone who resists the foreign and domestic agenda of the Bush administration."

That's been obviously worded to make comparisons with a certain Austrian, but still.
Quote by aaron13
Last edited by Hobolad at Nov 10, 2007,