Hey all, last night after a fair amount of research I brought my self a Dimarzio EVO2 and EVOLUTION Neck.. BUT! now I have a problem, I currently have a nasty EMG81 living in my guitar atm (no neck pup atm!) so I know(well I think I know! ) the electronics/pots ect need to be changed for the new pickups because of going from active back to passive..

My plan is to have the following..

3-WAY Switch
1x500K push/pull pot
1x500K pot
(still have my old passive style jack input)

With any luck the 3 way will give me a Bridge-Middle-Neck setup and I will be able to split the coils on these settings using the push pull pot.. (I would use a 5-way but I can imagine it being that little bit more fiddley when playing live! more than a push/pull pot anyways!) So to start with, am I right in thinking I can have the above setup fitted to my guitar?! or am I jut a crazy man lol.

Also I have found a place where I can get the items mentioned above (online in the UK) but will I need to also purchase capacitor(s) & wire(s) ect?? If so could some one in the know let me know exactly what I need if possible!!..

This is the site I was planning to purchase from btw CLICK HERE (this is NOT an advertisement!! lol)

Last thing I want is to get the pickups n pots ect run to the guitar repairs bloke and have him tell me he can't fit it with out such n such part y'know!

Thanks very much for any help!!!! really means a lot!

Cheers, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Last edited by synth002 at Nov 10, 2007,
..Oh yeh, my gitars an ibanez RG320fm if anyone was wondering lol,
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
You'll need to buy a pre-amp for the neck and middle pickups to boost them to the level of the EMG. You can't do the wiring you want with a regular 3-way lever switch, but you can use this Les Paul 3-way to do it.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/3/3-way_Pickup_Switches.html
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You'll need to buy a pre-amp for the neck and middle pickups to boost them to the level of the EMG. You can't do the wiring you want with a regular 3-way lever switch, but you can use this Les Paul 3-way to do it.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/3/3-way_Pickup_Switches.html

The EMG is comming out of the guitar, the EVO2 is going in the bridge and the EVOLUTION NECK is going in the neck, there is no middle pickup on my guitar lol. Are you sure I cant do that wiring config with the parts I listed I don't know a hell of lot about the insides of guitars but I just thought it would work..

Anyone else?
Quote by Count Seanula
bump
Quote by Count Seanula
Will said you couldn't do that type of wiring with a standard 3-way switch because it sounded like you meant you were leaving the EMG in the bridge, putting an evo2 in the middle, and an evolution in the neck, so you'd have a 3-humbucker guitar (where you described the wiring, you said it would be bridge-middle-neck, where I'm assuming you meant bridge-bridge+neck-neck)...

Anyways, if I'm clear on the wiring, you'll have it wired with one volume, one tone, a stanard 3-way switch, and a push/pull on the volume pot for coil splitting?
In that case, then yes, you've listed everything you'll need, except a capacitor.
Ah cool, yeh I guess I wasnt ALL that clear lol. Do you know what kind of capacitor I would need to get hold of? do I need a 0.22 one?
Quote by Count Seanula
So I should just need one .047uf capacitors along with the other parts?

cheers btw!
Quote by Count Seanula
cool cheers dude
Quote by Count Seanula