Hey guys, Im 18 years old, just got a drinking ticket last night at a concert, and had a few questions. The cop told me that if I dont tell my parents about the ticket that I can take care of everything and they wont have to even know about it. He said all I have to do is show up on my court date and do whatever the judge says( most likely 2 days of community service). I just got caught for consuming alcohol and being underage. Does all of this sound right? thanks in advance.
yes
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
haha legal drinking age is 18 here, sucks for you =D

Ehh, i hope you learnt your lesson!
Bring back Tabo
I think the Drinking age in the U.S is ridiculous,It's only 18 over here in Ireland.
Just do the time i guess
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Who knows, the community service could be a rewarding experience?

EDIT: Spelling
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
thats it?
i figured theyd be way more harsh for underage drinking...
Quote by Tehzekester
1. Find a hot chick's myspace.
2. Get lotion.
3. Look at pr0nz.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

Quote by Sid McCall
so I said: "those aren't the couch cushions, those are my testicles!"

Add Me
Be thankful they're not telling your parents and putting you in jail, or something. What they're doing seems fine, you want to complain about it?

Don't drink underage next time.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by CommanderCool6
I think the Drinking age in the U.S is ridiculous,It's only 18 over here in Ireland.
Just do the time i guess

It's 16 over here and if you're younger than 16 nobody is going to whine about it.

That's really stupid, a damn drinking ticket....
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Quote by yamakid17
Hey guys, Im 18 years old, just got a drinking ticket last night at a concert, and had a few questions. The cop told me that if I dont tell my parents about the ticket that I can take care of everything and they wont have to even know about it. He said all I have to do is show up on my court date and do whatever the judge says( most likely 2 days of community service). I just got caught for consuming alcohol and being underage. Does all of this sound right? thanks in advance.
No it doesn't.

You might be able to get away with this quietly, or it might just come back to haunt you later.

If you have any sense, you'll talk to your parents about it. Coming clean about getting into trouble might be a minor set-back right now, but maintaining a dialog with your parents will be worth more, in the long run.

Then again, this might be too much of an adult concept for an 18 year old.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
That sounds like a pretty good deal. Although you don't deserve it. An 18 year old should be allowed to drink, and the US law on it is ridiculous.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Be thankful they're not telling your parents and putting you in jail, or something. What they're doing seems fine, you want to complain about it?

Don't drink underage next time.

I don't think he's complaining.

And everyone drinks when they're underage, don't give him that.
Quote by CommanderCool6
Just do the time i guess

i thought you were born with alcohol in your blood stream in Ireland?

and yeah, its 18 in england too.
sucks to be you, but the punishment must ensue.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
you should probably tell your parents. How drunk were you?
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
lol I was just thinking that. Reading he was 18 and then got a ticket for underage drinking. I was like WTF?
Quote by wiggy1988
a drinking what?

you know like a parking ticket, he parked his drink in the handicapped spot...

Edit - You should tell your parents in any case, but go to court alone if you will, just to show your responsibility.
Last edited by SheKILaDZE at Nov 10, 2007,
Point of fact is you are an adult now. You can move out on your own. Rent an apartment, buy a house whatever. The only thing you cannot do yet is legally drink.
The courts will treat you as an adult. They have no legal or moral responsibility to inform your parents. That responsibility fall to you. Remember you are now considered an "adult".How you fulfill your obligations and responsibilities is your business. The first step usually involves growing a set.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
You don't have to tell your parents anything legally, once you're 18. Really, you are able to function on your own in society now. The only thing you can't do is drink, and rent a car. (Insurance reasons maybe?)

Next time, don't get caught
Quote by CommanderCool6
Just do the time i guess

Yeah, Ireland's great

I think it's really weird that in some places e.g. Germany, you can drink at 16, and in America you have to be 21 in a lot of states, and that in some states you can't drink at all because prohibition is being enforced. It's madness.

But, yeah, just do the community service. You are counted as an adult everywhere in America at 18, even if you can't drink, you can vote at least, so you don't have to tell your parents anything - though saying you're doing community service of your own free will might make your parents all proud - they might even buy you a present! Though that would make you a criminal AND a liar....
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Yeah, Ireland's great

I think it's really weird that in some places e.g. Germany, you can drink at 16, and in America you have to be 21 in a lot of states, and that in some states you can't drink at all because prohibition is being enforced. It's madness.

But, yeah, just do the community service. You are counted as an adult everywhere in America at 18, even if you can't drink, you can vote at least, so you don't have to tell your parents anything - though saying you're doing community service of your own free will might make your parents all proud - they might even buy you a present! Though that would make you a criminal AND a liar....

What states enforce prohibition? I'm pretty no one in the US has done that since the 1920's.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
What states enforce prohibition? I'm pretty no one in the US has done that since the 1920's.

Lots of dry counties in the bible belt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
the drinking age is absolutly rediculous down there, i wouldnt be able to handle that man
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Yank's drinking age looks more stupid when plenty of good countries in Europe (with low negative alchol related event rates) have a drinking age of 16.

That ticket systems sounds good though. Comply and it will work out better than if you act like a douche and don't.
Heh. In Canada you wouldn't have gotten a ticket, you would just have gotten your stuff dumped out. So easy-going...
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
With the drinking age in the US being 21, we can (at 18 years old) buy and smoke cigarettes, join the army and legally kill people, but can't get drunk on a Friday night.

....legally.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by Mongoose87
Heh. In Canada you wouldn't have gotten a ticket, you would just have gotten your stuff dumped out. So easy-going...

That's if you get a nice cop, most of the time they give you a 168 dollar fine.
Quote by Jackal58
Lots of dry counties in the bible belt.

There are dry counties, but that only means you can't buy the alcohol in those counties. You are still allowed to drink in those counties.

I'll have a bourbon.