So UG experts if u had 400-500 to spend on a good amp what would u buy? I play mostly metal, but love playing all styles as well. I need something that just doesnt sound good distorted but sounds as hot Clean.
The most talented man on earth...
metal is too vague, there are alot of metal genres
i have the same question too ^^
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Randall RG50TC. I think it's a little bit more than your budget, but worth the extra money
well 500 is my limit for now but i can probably go access to 750..

I play mostly Power/Prog metal and love the sound of the Mesa Triple but thats mostly for overdrive and i'm looking for more of an all around amp..
As far as I'm aware, it's solid state and, whilst Randall SS amps are good for metal, the RG50TC will be a better amp.
Quote by DeadIdentity81
thats too small for me, looking for a gig amp

It is a gig amp what amp do you have now?
Quote by DeadIdentity81
thats too small for me, looking for a gig amp

Trust me. A 50 watt valve amp is all you need for gigging. Mine can get way too loud for home use, and I'd have to keep the volume pretty low for small club gigs, too.
i have the Line6 Spider 3 120 watt combo love the amp just has too many buttons to hit even after i preset my tones too much hassle for live shows....

I will look into the Randall amps

What do u think of the Main
Randall RG100G3?
Last edited by DeadIdentity81 at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by DeadIdentity81
i have the Line6 Spider 3 120 watt combo love the amp just has too many buttons to hit even after i preset my tones too much hassle for live shows....

I will look into the Randall amps

What do u think of the Main
Randall RG100G3?

it's very good although I think a 5150 is better
Last edited by Horlicks at Nov 10, 2007,
Quote by DeadIdentity81
well 500 is my limit for now but i can probably go access to 750..

I play mostly Power/Prog metal and love the sound of the Mesa Triple but thats mostly for overdrive and i'm looking for more of an all around amp..

Also check out a Valveking 112 with an OD. Should work, unless you're a screamometalslaughtercore kinda guy. Such things require a 5150.
yah id say go for the tube amps man the diffrence isnt only in the sound but tube amps are gennaraly 2 times or even 3 times louder than SS amps so even 30watts tube would be like a 60watt SS and a 40watt would beat your 120 SS combo
yah if you get like 700 theres a guy on craigs list selling 6505 you could get it shipped