I was taking my Carvin out of its stand to play it, and it fell on top of my BadMonkey pedal and the finish cracked in to places I feel pretty awful, but **** happens, I guess..

The quilted finish in these two areas cracked, so you can see the wood. Is there anything you can do to make it less noticable? Damn it, I had it 5 months without scratching it -_-
I know how you feel, the first time my guitar accidently fell out of my stand and left a small but visible gash near the imput jack, I felt pretty bad. But stuff like that does happen, but look on the bright side:
1. Your guitar is a step closer to being a relic
2. This shows you how durable those Bad Monkey's are
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
pics?
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
My first guitar is virtually destroyed, mate. The knobs don't work, 2 tuning keys are broken, and there are about 9 dents that go to the wood in various places. I agree with everyone else. It gives the guitar character, and if you play really hard, you can just be like, "Yea. That's how hardcore I am."
I'd post pics but I can't figure out my webcam..

The Carvin has a beautiful tigers eye quilt, really amazing. And now it's got a visible dent, not from playing live or anything, but from me ****ing up when wanting to practice on my couch -_-

Well, maybe this can guilt me into practicing more >.>

The whole character argument is good, but this isn't a scratch or anything, it's a stupid crack. Two stupid cracks.

My first guitar is two years old now, and it doesn't have any dents as bad as this
Last edited by Harwood at Nov 10, 2007,
**** man, a Carvin. Hate to make the mattter worse, but that sucks.

I did the same thing to my Epiphone Explorer. Hir it right on the corner of my amp, theres like a dent the size of a skittle in it. Luckily it's black and not visible unless you look really closely or know it's there.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I have to say if I had a carvin, I would not like to give it character by blemishing it in any way.

Sucks to be you...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Well, it still sounds the same. I will take this tragic occurance as a sign from the god of rock. I need to practice more, or sacrifice more children. Either of those will do, I guess.

This topic probably seems pretty melodramatic, but when my Carvin fell, I nearly cried >.> Heed this as a warning, other UGers! when picking up your guitar, always use at least two hands, remove any potentially denting objects from the area, and place pillows on the floor in a circular pattern around your stand.
Unfortunately, this is just as you said, one of those **** happens situations

I definitely know how you feel though. My Custom Shop strat has a few dings and chips just from playing out, accidentally knocking something, etc. However, that's the nature of the beast: we substitute brick-like durability for a beautiful and very awesome playing guitar, AND THAT'S FINE BY ME! haha, it's like anything else though, the more you use it and the more it's exposed to what it is supposed to do (which is to be played!) the more it will pick up a scratch or ding... The worst part is not knowing it even happens (like a belt buckle scratch) and you pick up your guitar one day to inspect it and ALAS! Something new

Anyway man, this stuff happens... Don't be down, just double check that it didn't hit hard enough to screw up your intonation or anything else. I definitely know what you're going through though, the first ding is always the worst. Give it a nice clean, try to mend your relationship and give it new strings and keep on rockin'!
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
On my Gibson SG I had some of the Paint and finish out, so you can see the wood clearly. There are Dings and scratches all throughout the guitar, though I still love the thing to death. **** happens, but when someone buys a guitar its not expected that there wont be any scratches or dents on the guitar. As long as it still plays well and you love the damn thing, then it still fullfills its use.
Leave it, I want my guitar to look used and abused out of sheer playing, there's nothing that shows more charcater than someone with a decent, worn guitar who can really rock.

I'm on the road to that, and I refuse to do any artificial wearing..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by hippyskier
Unfortunately, this is just as you said, one of those **** happens situations

I definitely know how you feel though. My Custom Shop strat has a few dings and chips just from playing out, accidentally knocking something, etc. However, that's the nature of the beast: we substitute brick-like durability for a beautiful and very awesome playing guitar, AND THAT'S FINE BY ME! haha, it's like anything else though, the more you use it and the more it's exposed to what it is supposed to do (which is to be played!) the more it will pick up a scratch or ding... The worst part is not knowing it even happens (like a belt buckle scratch) and you pick up your guitar one day to inspect it and ALAS! Something new

Anyway man, this stuff happens... Don't be down, just double check that it didn't hit hard enough to screw up your intonation or anything else. I definitely know what you're going through though, the first ding is always the worst. Give it a nice clean, try to mend your relationship and give it new strings and keep on rockin'!

Thanks, to you and to everyone else who posted.

The crack is only visible at fairly close range, at least to my weak eyes, and due to the quilt finish, doesn't actually stand out that badly. Plus, it's not like I'll ever sell the guitar, and the wood wasn't damaged. Heck, it's a beauty mark!

And of course, it could have been worse. It could have fallen on my stone table, then neck could have broken off, and I would have killed myself >.> Now I'll be more cautious with my cheapass stand, and hopefull the next dent will have a great band memory attached.

Sank you, everyone!