I'll probably need Distortion/Overdrive, Delay/Reverb, and a Wah pedal. Anyone know the ones I will need to play Classic Rock? Going through a Peavey Transtube Bandit. I'll probably want an equalizer pedal too but that isn't what I need for now.

Why BOSS? It's the only brand for pedals available to me, so I'll have to settle for BOSS.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
With the DS-1, you can get a wide selection of distortion for just $40. Sounds good too.
I will try it. But I'm going to be doing low gain stuff like AC/DC, and I heard that DS-1 has high gain. I'll try it anyway.
Coming out March 2008

You can adjust the level of distortion going in to your amp, so you can have a little or a lot.
If you want more of an AC/DC sound, perhaps an OD-3 would be a better choice? I have one and it sounds good for that kind of thing. But I'm not sure how well your amp will take to overdrive and distortion pedals...
Okay. If it sounds good I'll get it. Although I heard mixed reviews. Some people like it, some people don't.

@Denthul, does the Peavey Transtube Bandit have any problems with taking overdrive/distortion pedals?
Coming out March 2008

Last edited by splat102 at Nov 10, 2007,
Distortion: DS-1 since you only need low gain stuff.
OD: Their regular OD pedal, NOT SUPER OD.
Delay: I'd really reccomend the EHX #1 Echo, but since it has to be Boss, the DD-3 will work...
Reverb: They've got a reverb pedal. Never tried it cause I've got my Twin Reverb's natural reverb/tremolo, but I've heard good things.
Wah: You can either get the big wah that has the foot treadle, or you can get the AW-3 Dynamic Wah and then if you want, get the Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal so you can have auto and manual wah. That's what I did. I love my AW-3.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Will the Super OD destroy the amp?
Coming out March 2008

^No no, it won't destroy the amp. Just might not sound great...
You can't buy vintage Boss pedals right? If you could, I'd recomend an OD-1 or something...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Thanks everyone. Anyway, I heard that the Transtube series are the solid-state amps that comes closest to tube sounds. I want to still get a more tube like sound, so I hope none of these pedals are tone suckers.
Coming out March 2008

DS-1 is not high gain, it can be, but it can also handle low gain really well (better then it candle high gain even), also, for delay and wah pedals, id look away from boss,id reccomend getting a VOX or cry baby wah (depending on what you want), and i really like the digitech digidelay, its like the boss dd-6, but $80 cheaper.
EDIT: didnt realize BOSS pedals were the only ones available, in that case go for the DD-3 and i have no idea which wah.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by splat102
Thanks everyone. Anyway, I heard that the Transtube series are the solid-state amps that comes closest to tube sounds. I want to still get a more tube like sound, so I hope none of these pedals are tone suckers.

Transtubes are pretty warm and tubey sounding but they won't react to pedals like tubes will! A tube amp, being pushed by an OD or power booster, will run the tubes harder, and push it further towards breakup. Even your good SS amp won't react like this; a power booster will just make it louder, and an OD won't sound very different. Judging by how much you plan to spend on pedals, and that you're after a tube sound anyway, mabye you should look into saving for a small tube amp?

Otherwise, the DS-1 is a fine middle of the road distortion pedal. I personally don't think it's too much better than your amp's distortion, but I could be crazy. The DD-3 is a very nice pedal, but some prefer the EXH #1 Echo. Out of curiosity, why can you only get Boss pedals? There is a massive selection of pedals online...