Yeah I know pretty much everyone likes/respects them here, but what is your favourite out of the three?

I used to have the Heartbreakers at the top but recently I prefer The Dolls and Thunders solo stuff. Don't get me wrong I think LAMF is one of the best punk albums of the 70's but it lacks the diversity of The Dolls and of Thunders solo material and the melodies generally aren't as good.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
hey! i don't like any of them! don't flame me cause i'm not gonna pay any more attention to this thread

I said like or respect.

If you don't respect them then well poor you.
There's no point acknowledging the kid's existence, he's not going to pay any more attention to this thread.
the New York Dolls are my favorite. They were so trashy and glammy. I can't help but fall in love with them every time I hear the albums. Plus, Johnny was focusing on guitar, not vocals, and I always thought that when he played solely guitar he could convey so much attitude. Far more than any other guitarist, in my opinion.
The Heartbreakers second, as they're just punk rock n roll, straight up. Perfect sound for '77.
DOWN&OUT
Now you mention it, the heartbreakers didn't have the guitar work, the swagger, or the voice of David Johansen.
I haven't really heard any of Johnny's solo stuff, but I prefer the Heartbreakers to the Dolls. They just have more of a punk energy to them, and I really like Johnny Thunders' vocals.
So when are we officially changing the name of this forum to the Punk/Ska/Johnny Thunders forum?
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Tough one...I'd have to say Dolls > Heartbreakers > Solo > Gang War

They're all great though.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I've got to say the Dolls, but its hard to chose because I love the Heartbreakers
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by TheAdict310
So when are we officially changing the name of this forum to the Punk/Ska/Johnny Thunders forum?

All those in favour, say Aye.

Oi!
This isn't a punkocracy

It's a punktatorship
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm going to have to say The Heartbreakers.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by element4433
This isn't a punkocracy

It's a punktatorship

That's very good.

But my oi/aye pun was better
New York Dolls are definitely my favorite, but the Heartbreakers are great too. The songs just weren't quite as good.
It's a tough choice, but I'm gonna say the Heartbreakers.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Dolls>Heartbreakers>solo stuff for me
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I feel bad for Johnny having to endure that fat babbling c*nt. "You know what they're gonna say (when you die)... that bloke who was in the New York Dolls" - what a twat.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Last edited by 67_67 at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
All those in favour, say Aye.

Oi!

I always thought "oi!" was how Brits pronounced the word "hey."

I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I always thought "oi!" was how Brits pronounced the word "hey."

Regular people say 'Ey, like the single version of Blitzkrieg Bop.

Most Londoners would say "Oi!". It's slightly less polite than 'Ey!
^ Thanks for clearing that up, Brian

My band is gonna cover a Dolls song! Our new drummer is the illegitimate child of Johnny Thunders, and he is obsessed with glam, so he wants to cover "Chatterbox." Should be fun.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Now you mention it, the heartbreakers didn't have the guitar work, the swagger, or the voice of David Johansen.

.........**** that JoHansen was an arrogent bastard Johnny Thuders was best with Walter Lure and the rest of the Heartbreakers in my opinion..Can't keep my eyes on you......pirate love......actually the only song on L.A.M.F that I don't really like is their cover of Do you Love Me?......John is a good man : )
Thunders was a complete twat.

He stole his bastard children's food coupons to trade for smack and treated live sound engineers like ****.

But that's why I like him so much.
Thunders' solo stuff FTW.

The NY Dolls just don't quite hit the spot like Thunders does by himself.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.