Page 1 of 5
Mine right now is the riff in Hunting for Witches by Bloc Party. MMainly just repeating it. and its decently fast for me.
Hey There Delilah...
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Smoke on the Water.

Heh. At least I am better than that kid.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
I struggle with Stairway to Heaven. Sad thing is, I'm serious Though I don't actually like the song so it doesn't really matter to me at all. What a pointless post.
Eh, the little diddylitty on the main riff of Iron Maiden The Trooper. My fingers haven't really had a good work out in a while... stupid girlfriend...

Oh yeah, The Metal. Thatnks for mentioning that. I have troubles with that intro... I need to re-look up the tabs for it so I can get the damn notes right...
Last edited by shreddin_frets at Nov 10, 2007,
The Metal by Tenacious D. I can do Master of Puppets, I can do YYZ, but I can't get this ****ing riff!
Quote by boreamor
The "Spider" riff from Master of Puppets.

JUST under the speed needed.

+1 i am almost there but sometimes i miss pick the E and pick once insead of twice
SIG
The intro riff to The Trooper.

For some reason I can just never play it cleanly, I always end up either missing the note on the bottom string or not holding it for long enough.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by flipthatchicken
mine is Master of Puppets, down-picking only, its hard.

I've had that song down for years, but I still can't downpick along with the album for more than a couple measures
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by shreddin_frets
Eh, the little diddylitty on the main riff of Iron Maiden The Trooper. My fingers haven't really had a good work out in a while... stupid girlfriend...

If you had the right kind of girlfriend, your fingers would have plenty of opportunities to work out.
Quote by boreamor
Exactly the same!

I hit the open E, just not the A note

yeh thats what i mean
SIG
The 1st harmonic minor run in Far Beyond The Sun.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I haven't had trouble with any riffs for a while, although a few months back I was bored and tried learning Disposable Heroes by Metallica. I gave up shortly into the solo. But hey, I can do the rhythm...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by that_1_dude24
If you had the right kind of girlfriend, your fingers would have plenty of opportunities to work out.

****, I forgot to put the ex in front of girlfriend...

Its okay! I'm getting ANOTHER!!!
Metallica's solos ... I play all the rhythm songs and james solos. I just can't match the speed of my picking with my fingers
Some stuff that has sweep picking. I'm so used to alternate picking, that sweep picking is hard for me. Some stuff that's meant to be sweep picked, I can do alt. picking, though.
Quote by flipthatchicken

Why only downpicking? That's just making things harder than necessary...
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by flipthatchicken

It may doesnt sound right, I used alternate picking on what people called the 'spider' riff of the song.
R.A.G.E.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
The first lead lick in Godhead's Lament.

Fuckin' Opeth.

I know how you feel man, they make it sound so easy as well!

Quote by Raziel2p
Why only downpicking? That's just making things harder than necessary...

Thats how it's meant to be played, just downpicking
Last edited by lukephillips000 at Nov 10, 2007,
Technical difficulties by paul gilbert, you'd be suprised but the only real part i cant play is the little triplets up into the next powerchord based riff if you know what i mean
I find the intro rundown from In The Presence of Enemies Part 1 - Dream Theater pretty tricky
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
the violining bit in the intro for Black Star- dunno why but always screw it up!
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
Quote by lukephillips000
Thats how it's meant to be played, just downpicking

How it's "meant" to be played? Why? Because Metallica doesn't want us to play it without getting cramps? **** that, you're an individual guitarist and don't need to do exactly the same as some guitar virtuoso (not that Kirk Hammett is one, just generally) just because that's "right".

Besides, downpicking requires more muscle, alternative picking requires more coordination. I say they're both equally worth, except for the fact that only downpicking is a waste of energy.
I'm a communist. Really.
the bit in pain for pleasure after the cool power chord intro. i can play much harder stuff but i just cant play this right!!

also, plug in baby by muse can be a B**** sometimes
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Quote by Raziel2p
How it's "meant" to be played? Why? Because Metallica doesn't want us to play it without getting cramps? **** that, you're an individual guitarist and don't need to do exactly the same as some guitar virtuoso (not that Kirk Hammett is one, just generally) just because that's "right".

Besides, downpicking requires more muscle, alternative picking requires more coordination. I say they're both equally worth, except for the fact that only downpicking is a waste of energy.

A downstroke sounds different to an upstroke....just because someone can't downpick it...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by JamieB
Snow by RHCP

Yeah!! I can play like everything else fine, but I can't play that!
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by Raziel2p

A down stoke riff makes more of a crunchy sound than alternate, and it really doesnt require that much muscle, down picking just requires a relaxed picking technique and let the wrists do it. easier said than done granted, but still...
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Quote by mcw00t
A downstroke sounds different to an upstroke....just because someone can't downpick it...

Just because someone can't even out the sounds of upstrokes and downstrokes, you mean? Every single pick sounds different no matter what you do.
I'm a communist. Really.
It's fun seeing people struggle with a song you can play pretty much perfectly (MoP) =D
The intro riffs to Cowboys from Hell I find really tricky. And the intro to Classical Gas . I haven't even gotten to the main sectionn yet.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Page 1 of 5