adjust the strings level?

my strings are just too high so i am going to put them lower but is it any risk i can damage the entonation of the bass or something

sorry for my really bad english
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Actually the intonation will invariably change slightly. If you care at all, just adjust the action, and then the intonation.

Truth is spoken. If you are really worried, get it set up professionally with lower action.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Ahhhh! Help! It's dangerous!!

But yeah, the intonation could change slightly, but the change could be so slight you won't notice.

I actually just found the beauty of having high action with a bit of neck relief... now I can dig in and NEVER get that clack!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
HOW!!! Tell me NOW!. I have been looking for a comfortable way to play hard without getting that horrible CACK CACK CACK, during every note.

PM, or would you like me to inform the entire board?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, I used to love straight as an arrow necks. I wanted the strings pretty much flush against the frets when checking relief. However, after my Warwick setup, I found out that having about a dime, or a dime and a half's thickness of relief when pressing the first and last fret to be PERFECT.

However, the action needs to creep up a bit. I could probably stick 2-2.5 nickels between my last fret and the B string. However, it still plays like a dream, and I can dig in without CLACK CLACK CLACK. When I dig in HARD (just to test it), there is a pleasant grunt, but no harsh clack. I can now max out the treble on my bass' preamp.

I also found slapping to be easier, clearer, and less harsh sounding. Strange.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Yep, but with the relief set up the way it is, it won't feel like it. That's the beauty of it. The acion seems high (relatively high), but it plays as well as low action. Better for me, as I don't get that clack limiting motion and I can get 'under' the string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102