First of all let me just say what a great community this is, I've learn quite a lot here already.

Anyway, I've been playing for a few years now, currently have a Yamaha RJ hooked up to a Roland Cube 30. I'm looking for a new guitar for around £200 ($400). I play quite a wide range of music; metal, alternative rock, punk rock, grunge and lots more.

I'm leaning towards getting the Ibanez RG321 MH but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks!
Well, I own an Ibanez RG321MH and I love it. I have never played the plain RG321 which is basswood and not mahogany, but the RG321MH is probably the greatest thing I could've gotten for the price.

It's VERY light, has nice tone, 24 frets, 5-way switch, everything I could ever want and more. Now, that might just be me, and if you want to max yourself at $400, that guitar is going to be a little less so if you want to go all out, maybe go to a store and play a few other guitars in that price range. Although, I would say Ibanez or Jackson is your best choice for good quality guitars that fit your style under $400.

Definitely do play any guitar at least 30 minutes before buying it. Judging by how long you've been playing and the types of music you play... I'd say you'd love the RG321MH.

Well, good luck man, and Keep On Rockin'!
Quote by ibryant0915
Well, I own an Ibanez RG321MH and I love it. I have never played the plain RG321 which is basswood and not mahogany, but the RG321MH is probably the greatest thing I could've gotten for the price.

It's VERY light, has nice tone, 24 frets, 5-way switch, everything I could ever want and more. Now, that might just be me, and if you want to max yourself at $400, that guitar is going to be a little less so if you want to go all out, maybe go to a store and play a few other guitars in that price range. Although, I would say Ibanez or Jackson is your best choice for good quality guitars that fit your style under $400.

Definitely do play any guitar at least 30 minutes before buying it. Judging by how long you've been playing and the types of music you play... I'd say you'd love the RG321MH.

Well, good luck man, and Keep On Rockin'!

Cheers for the reply! I think I'll go with the Ibanez, would you say that it suits various music styles though?
Yes, I would say that. It is extremely versatile. Depending on what kind of effects and distortion you have on it, it will play anything.

The 5-way selector really helps with that. As long as you know how to tweak your Cube 30 (I'm sure you've got the settings down my now), then you'll be able to get any sound you want. It's definitely not a one-musical style guitar.

It will definitely fit "metal, alternative rock, punk rock, grunge" and much more. Just know the bridge pickup with the tone all the way up it HOT, and generally use the humbucker on high distortion (in band situations) unless you really want it to stick out (and piss your band members off, haha).

Good luck, and always remember to Keep Rockin'!
How does the RG321MH compare to the SA120? Is it worth spending the extra money?
Quote by Haykuro
How does the RG321MH compare to the SA120? Is it worth spending the extra money?

The SA120 is a fine guitar, but personally I'd go for the RG321, mainly because of the hardtial bridge.

Also, it doesn't matter too much, but the RG321 seems to be a slightly better guitar in terms of general quality.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!