Page 1 of 2
Still be able to move it's jaw as if it were trying to talk? I've tried to figure this out with friends for awhile.. Would the head still be able to if it no longer connected to the spinal cord? A severed head can remain living for a max of twenty seconds with the blood still in it's brain.
any squirrels where you live?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
....What the...... But.... Why........?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
If you ask it nicely.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by ctb
Try it on someone.

Were you volunteering?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Well I'd assume it could if it wanted too. Because I doubt you need the whole spinal cord if its just brain-jaw connection.
I've heard of people blinking and moving their eyes, but not jawing. :P
UGHC Member
Quote by Magero
You're my whore....I'm Defy's...it's a chain dude...you just happen to be at the bottom of it...unless theres an ear-wig or someting you wanna make your bitch.

Quote by Vittu0666
You rock.
lol as far as i know, a head can live for 15 secs, move, look the guy who killed you in the eye, etc

but i think that even after dead, after like hours the nerve system is still "active" and those i dont know how its called reflexes still "work", like you touch it near the eye it might twitch or something
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
i've wondered if you can realy sever someones head as easily as in the movies
Technically it could (because it only needs to relay information from the brain to the mucles in the jaw to move it)

but the brain will terminate its self as soon as it is severed because it knows that it cannot live with out everything from the neck down, so as soon as you cut the head off it will just kill its self.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by trsc
Still be able to move it's jaw as if it were trying to talk? I've tried to figure this out with friends for awhile.. Would the head still be able to if it no longer connected to the spinal cord? A severed head can remain living for a max of twenty seconds with the blood still in it's brain.

Obviously we didn't need a thread.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by deanguy
i've wondered if you can realy sever someones head as easily as in the movies

guillotine
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Well, most likely not as easily in the movies

But voluntary blinking and such is possible. During hte time of the guillotine, once the victims head was severed, they woudl ask the head if they can hear them, and if they can blink.

Thats' how they decided if the man was dead.
Quote by the_extremist00
lol as far as i know, a head can live for 15 secs, move, look the guy who killed you in the eye, etc

but i think that even after dead, after like hours the nerve system is still "active" and those i dont know how its called reflexes still "work", like you touch it near the eye it might twitch or something

Well...if I were decapitated...I wouldn't stare the executioner in the eye and start glaring or something and think "bitch just chopped off my head." I'd probably have more pressing matters to be thinking about in those 15 seconds.

Like "I regret not being able to go on UG to clear this issue up, now that I know for sure what happens."
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
yea it can live to 10-15 seconds after severed..they use to cut off a mans head and show him his body as the head blinks and tries to form words...but I guess it depends on the person..or the head haha
I've lost my mind many times and my wallet many more
Like I said, you answered your own question in the first post.

Bye thread.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Apparently, two people were decapitated, and one of them bit the others ear.

Good ol' QI.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
It would just be the huge loss of blood and random pulses from the brain i'd assume
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Why on Earth would you need to know such a thing?

Also, all these people saying it could move, give me some scientific evidence. Because the body can have involuntary spasms for ages after it dies, and that doesn't make it alive. Are you sure the head does anything of its own accord and retains consciousness? Or just moves randomly?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by ChrisJames666
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

mike the headless chicken...lived for 18 months without his head...one of you guys should try this haha

NEWSFLASH: THIS JUST IN, CHICKENS AREN'T PEOPLE!!!!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
NEWSFLASH: THIS JUST IN, CHICKENS AREN'T PEOPLE!!!!

no **** sherlock...since this thread is about beheading..I thought I'd inform your dumbasses as to sumthing that lived without its head..duh
I've lost my mind many times and my wallet many more
a fully severed head wouldn't, because the loss of the spinal cord would make it impossible. unless that thing happens where the entire corpse spasms as the brains last attempt to salvage life
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I think the more important question is, what would this head say?

Obviously it would give some amazing insight into the workings of life.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I wonder if that severed dog head thing is legit.

EDIT (about the link just posted): look at the picture caption - "Lucky Chris" lol...
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Nov 10, 2007,
You wouldnt be able to speak at all btw, movement is one thing but actualy noise from the mouth would be totally impossible, you know since the lungs vocal cords ahve been severed and everything.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by ChrisJames666
no **** sherlock...since this thread is about beheading..I thought I'd inform your dumbasses as to sumthing that lived without its head..duh

It was a joke. But if you're going to post something that isn't entirely relevant, note that you're aware of that. What I was pointing out was that this didn't prove anything as chickens are able to do this but humans aren't.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by trsc

i doubt it, there wouldn't be enough blood and oxygen, as the head would no longer be attached to the heart, and would have lost most of it's own blood.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Page 1 of 2