ok im a 17 year old bassist living in NY...im planing on going to canada after HS or when i just turn 18...i plan on starting or getting into a ska band then see where that takes me {hoping to get to big}...i just need to know where exactly or some good places to go in canada where the ska scene is big...i would perfer canadains to mostly reply cause they live there but any help would help me out...thanks
Haha, good luck getting big!

Sorry, you'll have to forgive me, I am rather skeptical, and have no sympathy for the devil record industry.

Rocky Erikson reference.
you're not gonna be big if you play real ska, but if you play crap sak you'll probably fit in with all the other RBF and that other band who sounds the same as them.
I don't think ska will get you anywhere in the music business. IK wish it did, but sadly it doesn't

Doesn't mean you can't do it though. It's not too late to invest in classical guitar playing and then playing ska on the side.
I live in Victoria Bc, and the ska scene isnt that big here, but we do have a bitching ska fest every year
don't start a band nobody wants to hear nobody understands don't start a band you will be so dissapointed that it was nothing like you planned
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
You should come to Calgary, because there is only 1 ska band here and we need more.

Actually, never mind. I wouldn't tell anyone to come to Calgary. That's just mean.

Go to Montreal or Vancouver.
Don't worry about "getting big", just play your music.

I would say go to the big cities like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc. but what do I know, really?

By the way, you say you're from Long Island, where exactly? So am I.
Quote by hardrock1315

I would say go to the big cities like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc. but what do I know, really?

Stay away from Toronto.
im guessing toronto is a bad place to go lol...im located in shoreham hardrock
You should go to Newfoundland.

you almost certainly won't "make it" there, but you can get a job as a Viking at one of their old villages.

Vikings are badass.

So Is Newfoundland.
Quote by flipuoff
ok im a 17 year old bassist living in NY...im planing on going to canada after HS or when i just turn 18...i plan on starting or getting into a ska band then see where that takes me {hoping to get to big}...i just need to know where exactly or some good places to go in canada where the ska scene is big...i would perfer canadains to mostly reply cause they live there but any help would help me out...thanks

your logic is flawed. ska bands dont get big.

but go for it man. its fun.
ehh
Go back in time.

Call yourself Reel Big Jake.

Boom.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Seriously, every ska band that was on a major label in the '90s is getting dropped.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
You can be in a ska band and be ska big. RBF aren't 'big', but in the ska scene are pretty much the top. They are to ska what the number one band on trl is to mainstream.