i realy want a cheep guitar with whammy bar around £170 and i was looking at the ibanez grg170dx is it anygood?

thanks
Quote by colen
wtf is a gibson fender tellecaster
Quote by insanitytheband
i realy want a cheep guitar with whammy bar around £170 and i was looking at the ibanez grg170dx is it anygood?

thanks

I don't think it will be to be honest, are you starting out?
I have one, it's alright for a beginner. I got it on sale, my first electric.
Member of the "Go Sens Go Club"
I believe the cheapest Ibanez with a trem that is worth buying is the RG350/RG370 series. They are damn good guitars for the money. I advise against buying a guitar with a non-locking trem. Most of them will whack the tuning to next week and that will get quite annoying. It's worth it to just learn the ropes of a Floyd, which isn't that hard anyway.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
You need to spend a good amount of money on a guitar with a locking trem for it to be any good. The Ibanez RG350's are a good place to start. They have an Edge III trem, which is bad but miles better than anything in the GRG Series.

PSN ID: ArranP
Ask yourself...
DO you really want a Floyd-Rose or are you also satisfied with a "normal" tremelno?

Else I'd advice you to look for a (second hand) Fender or something
Those tremolos on their are among the worse and most unstable I've used. I have to agree if you want an Ibby with a trem, you should get a RG350 at the very least, and even then the quality is pretty poor on those.
It'll do the job - but when you consider an average locking trem is about £80, you realise that the one on any guitar under around £400 is gonna be a piece of crap. Get a simple guitar and learn how to play it properly before you get into locking trems! The Yamaha Pacifica 412V is the one I always personally recommend ,though the 112 is slightly cheaper and still excellent.