ok, so I decided to get the ac30, I will have it by next week, I CANT WAIT!! well just a question are the channels footswitchable?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
No.

You can get an a/b/y box to change channels on it if you want, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
a/b/y box?? where do I get that??

edit: and what is that?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I don't bother with them. I use an OD pedal and my guitar's volume control to go from clean to dirty.

Here's an example of one, though: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MLYABY

Someone who uses one might have a better/cheaper suggestion.

edit: it's pretty self explanitory, I think. You'd plug your guitar into the in/out, and one channel of the amp into "a," the other into "b," and choose between a, b, or both with the switch.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Nov 10, 2007,
ok, thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
^ negative

You'll get one of those with your AC30 to switch the reverb and tremolo on and off.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I had thought about that idea of using the a/b/y switch but the only problem i find is that if you're switching from clean to overdrive wouldn't you have a massive volume boost?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
ooo,ok, I think I will just buy an od pedal, or suffer with having to move the things manually...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by Bossman123
if you're switching from clean to overdrive wouldn't you have a massive volume boost?

Well, there'd certainly be some. There's only one master volume. But you run into the same issue using your guitar's volume control. I'd use the normal channel for cleans and the top boost for gain. The TB side is naturally a little gainier. I'd think you'd still be doing some controlling with the guitar.

Like I said, I set up the amp the way I like it best (with the channels blended), then use the guitar and an OD to go from clean to dirty.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Honestly though it probably won't cause you any problems not being able to go straight from clean to overdrive, you get used to using the volume control on the guitar pretty fast
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
even if you have an A/B box it still won't make a big difference with that amp. Your better off using an OD pedal with guitar volume as mentioned