I just can't get it =( I want to play Cowboys From Hell or other metal songs but with the tone I get, I just can't.... I have a Roland MicroCube, so could that be a problem? It seems like there isn't enough distortion, just clean with alot of fuzzyness(yes I made that up because I like it that way better) Would getting a better amp(meaning a MUCH better amp) and a pedal fix this?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
It wouldn't matter if you didn't know how to palm mute correctly. Also, you may think of tuning. Lower tuning makes for deeper notes (obviously). Just don't be lame and tune twenty steps down cause you like how the strings wobble.
You just need to get a real amp, try going to your local music store and play around with their amplifiers, and see what you like.
you need a bigger amp, or a distortion pedal, the cube hasn`t got enough distortion
CFH and other Pantera stuff only works with high distortion levels
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
@trsc: Cowboys From Hell isn't downtuned...

@TS: I'm not quite sure I understand what your problem is... Not enough distortion? What does that have to do with palm muting? You can palm mute just fine with just the slightest bit of crunch. Even on clean. Is your palm muting technique up to par?

However, if you're saying you need the grinding chugga-sound, then yeah- gain is the way to go. But I have no idea how the Microcube fares with that.
yea, I was saying that when palm muting it wasn't going crunchy enough. I just couldn't think of a better word.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by DimeDarrell666
you need a bigger amp, or a distortion pedal, the cube hasn`t got enough distortion
CFH and other Pantera stuff only works with high distortion levels

mm, a bigger amp will do nothing. a better amp would, but bigger is not the same as better. Hell, if that was the case, why not just run the guitar direct through a cabinet.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The MicroCube has plenty of gain, this is most likely a technique problem. Shift where your hand is on the bridge. If you put it more on the strings and less on the bridge, you'll get a sharper palm mute with less sustain, but it you back off of the strings, you get a boomier sound with more sustain.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.