So I have recently read that Peter Joseph from The Absence used a Mako amp on their new CD, Rider's Of The Plague.

Does anyone have any idea if he actually used that, or if he was still using Madison Divinitys during the recording process?

Also, those of you that have heard of Mako and Madison... what do you think of them? I know there are alot of thread's on the Madison already... but what do you guys think of the Mako? I don't even know where I would be able to pick one up at.

~hotboxtheglobe
Madisons are crap horrible quality bad customer service.

Makos are nice but you can only get them thrugh there website and there is a long wait as they are made to order.

Pete posts on HCAF alot i remember him saying Riders was a TSL boosted with a Maxon OD-9+
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^ Im not sure, i know they used a Framus Cobra boosted with a Maxon OD-9+. The TSL might have been used for leads but im almost 100% sure that he said the rhythms were the Cobra w/ OD-9+.

Mako's seem to be pretty sweet amps.

I personally would not look into getting a Madison because they apparently used really cheap components to make the heads. Im sure for the money you could get something much better also.

I could give you decent list of amps to look into within your price range...
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
ok i went through Petes threads abotu the album and the Rhythm tracks are a Cobra and TSl boosted with the Maxon OD-9+ Pro. Petes leads are the Cobra and Pats leads are a Madison
^ sweet, i knew the cobra was used. I've been looking at Diezels, those things are so sweet, same with Diamonds, although there aren't any clips for them they sound amazing for Rusty Cooley's stuff. Im not sure if Cooley used Diamond amps to record though, so it might not be that.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
^Ive heard bad things about the Diamond amps and ya Cooleys tone is ridiculous
^Really, what have you heard thats so bad about them? Do know what amp Cooley used on the Outworld album and his solo album?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
I want a Mako bad. If I had the cash, probably the Mak2, but the Dorado is pretty attractive at $1650 new. Would prefer a clean channel though. The wait time and having money tied up that long is the turnoff. I've been looking used for a while, but if they do come up, it's usually the same price as ordering new.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by jerm__
^Really, what have you heard thats so bad about them? Do know what amp Cooley used on the Outworld album and his solo album?

I've heard a couple different complaints about reliability and Customer Support but its just what i have heard im not 100%

And ya a Mako looks real nice but the wait is to long, my next amp purchase is probably gonna be An ENGL Savage
Quote by Syn Harvest
I've heard a couple different complaints about reliability and Customer Support but its just what i have heard im not 100%

yeah, alot of guys were turned off at NAMM from what I read, apparantly though, it wasn't working right at the show. That's not such a good thing though either, if it wasn't running well at something important like that, by the guys that designed it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Supposedly one of the spec ops had a broken phase inverter. The people that played diamonds either loved it or hated it. The PI could have been part of the reason. I don't know if Rusty used the Diamond to record Outworld, but i know that he did not use it on his selftitled. His other amps are a Bogner Uberschall and a Rocktron Prophesy through a VHT power amp. I haven't played a Prophecy, but the Uberschall is SWEET. Those are probably what he used for recording, though possibly the diamond as well on outworld (it sounds more like the sound clips of the Diamond Spec op--on diamond's website....none for the Phantom yet--then the Uberschall I played. I would be happy to provide insight on amplifiers, but I would need to know what bands/genres/style of music you play. Also remember that recording often has post-recorded EQ. I would ask about budget, but seeing as you're looking at Diezel, there's nothing I would reccomend that is out of your price range.