Pessimist
83 58%
Optimist
61 42%
Voters: 144.
Page 1 of 2
Which are you?

For those who don't know which is what,

Pessimist is someone who always looks on the bad side of things. (Ex., You go to a job interview thinking "I'm not going to get the job", the glass is half empty)

Optimist is someone who always looks on the bright side of things (Ex., You go to a job interview thinking "I'm going to get this job", The glass is half full)

I'm an optimist
Last edited by shreddin_frets at Nov 10, 2007,
i'm so used to disappointment, i'm a pessimist. nothing is as disappointing when you were expecting the worst.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The glass being half full and half empty has nothing to do with your outlook on things. The glass is half full when it's in the process of being filled, and reaches the halfway point. The glass is half empty when, say, you're drinking it, and you've drank half of it so far.
a pessimist doesnt say "i hope i dont fail." they s/he says "im going to fail."
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by Magic Jim
a pessimist doesnt say "i hope i dont fail." they s/he says "im going to fail."

I fixed it just for you, Magic Slim Jim
Quote by shreddin_frets
Which are you?

For those who don't know which is what,

Pessimist is someone who always looks on the bad side of things. (Ex., You go to a job interview thinking "I'm not going to get the job", the glass is half empty)

Optimist is someone who always looks on the bright side of things (Ex., You go to a job interview thinking "I'm going to get this job", The glass is half full)

I'm an optimist

Depends on wat the glass is half full of....
I want a half empty glass of shit for example.
/demitri martin joke

Optimist
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Hmmm....

I would say I'm more of a optimistic realist, but also with self-defeating tendacies.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Pessimist more so than Optimist. Sometimes I look on the bright side of things, but a majority if the time, I won't be so happy about things.
Pessimist.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Pessimist. I naturally look on the bad side of things but not in the way stated earlier. I wouldn't say "I won't get this job" I would realistically hope I get the job but I would pick apart everything I did wrong in the interview and not notice any of the good stuff I did. I would still hope I got the job though.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm a realist.

Yeah, me too.

Blissful ignorance is probably more enjoyable though
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
The glass is both half-empty and half-full, from my perspective.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by ze monsta
Pessimist. I doubt everyone and everything around me.

good luck on living life
I see no sign of fortress.
Realist.

I go to the job interview knowing that there are a bunch of others seeking the job as well, and odds are against me. If the glass is being emptied, it's half empty, if it's being filled, it's half full.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm an Optimistic Pessimist.

I hope for the best,
but prepare for the worst.
01011001011001010111001100101100001000000100100100100000011000010110110100100000011000010010000001101110011001010111001001100100001011100010000001000100011001010110000101101100001000000111011101101001011101000110100000100000011010010111010000100001
Realist. The glass currently containing half of its maximum volume.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Optimistic and realistic. Now and again I will turn pessimistic, but that doesn't happen much any more.
NOPE.
Quote by Blompcube
i'm so used to disappointment, i'm a pessimist. nothing is as disappointing when you were expecting the worst.

that's what I think.
If you expect the worst, it'll always be better than you thought!

But, I think it's probably easier to do stuff when you expect it to go your way.
Me, I don't really think about it either way.
Quote by boreamor
I'm in between. But I don't think I'll be for much longer.

Damn I just crossed the border into Pessimism...

i love you
I'm an optimist a majority of the time, but I'd say I'm 70% optimist and 30% pessimist.

I'm the type of person that if I think about something too long, I'll inadvertantly start thinking about some of the bad things that could come out of it, and I might dwell on them for some time.

Nothing too long, like maybe two or three hours.

Other than that, though, I'm pretty positive.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic.....

Realist...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Pessimist. If things go pear shaped then you're prepared for it and if they turn in your favour it's even better.

Take today, best day ever. I got a job, my band found a place to practice after months of searching and my girlfriend's period has started in time so that she won't be on it when I stay at her house for a few days next week when her family are away.

As a pessimist with the above ^ view on life I am currently over the moon right now.

I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
It depends on my mood. I usually see things in an optimistic way. Maybe in the extreme. But when I get depressed, I get hardcore pessimistic. Luckily, I'm usually pretty happy.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Glass half empty = when being emptied
Glass half full = when being filled

Jesus. I say both, and I'm a pessimist. I'm just one of those misery guts who looks on the bad side of everything. Just because I like spoil other people's good moods.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Page 1 of 2