i want some kind of nice semi hollow guitar because i've come to adore the rich tones of the gibson ones.
unfortunately, they are "apparently" well expensive, and i've heard that generally most epiphone guitars are a bit naff.
so are there any decent alternatives, one that isnt too expensive, max about £350 or $700 depending on where your from.
cheers
ibanez artcore?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
i haven't actually tried the dots... i hear if you cherry pick a good one they aren't bad though.

Maybe a vintage advance? I haven't tried their 335-copies, but the other vintage advances I've tried have been decent.

washburn wi67 pro might be worth a look too, i think an ebay shop was selling it for £300 a while back... though I've only tried the non-hollow version of it, and it's debatable how "hollow" it sounds. But it should be a nice guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Artcores are good. Id go with a Hagstrom Super Swede myself. Altho im not sure if they are cheaper than Epis. Have u actually tried an Epi tho?
oh yeah, i kinda liked it and my first guitar was an epiphone.
the guy in the shop however was saying how crappy quality they are, and he seemed to know what he was talking about so im skeptical.
japanese-made epiphones are allegedly badass... judging by the quality of other japanese-made gibson copies (e.g. edwards and tokai), i'd be inclined to agree, though I haven't tried a japanese epi...

never listen to people in a shop- even if they know what they're talking about they have a vested interest to sell you what they have in stock, and not necessarily what you want. Not to say some shop guys aren't cool- but best to treat them as guilty until proven innocent...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ yeah that washburn looks quite nice, but like you said, the hollowness is questionable. never played a washburn either. im a bit of a neck obsesser, most guitars i consider always have like a gibson-ish feel, ie not the ibanez necks. what would you say about the washburn necks?
haha you're right there, he said that the tokai guitars in the shop were great, although i did laugh at his comment.
i can barely remember, but i'd think closer to a gibson than an ibanez.

as i said, i haven't tried that specific washburn, but I remember a review said that its hollowness was marginal... but other than that, based on the other washburn pros i've tried, it should be a nice guitar.

EDIT: japanese tokais are great.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its suprising that no one mentioned hagstrom yet
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
even the korean and chinese tokais are quality for the price imo maybe if you cherry pick them, the few i've played were extremely good quality
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
true. the japanese ones are nicer, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
fo' sho'
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Epi Sheraton, maybe? Found one in a pawn shop today, didn't get a chance to plug it in but it felt really nice.

Maybe a Dot (or even a Dot Studio) with a change of pickups?

And yeah, the Ibanez Artcores are rather nice.
I played a vintage 335 copy and it was quite nice. It also has a "roll control" which your roll back and it gradually splits the coils (or lowers the output).
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
washburns are real nice. they have great tone, low action, and come super cheap. i think you can get a decent one at 300 something. I have an older model of the OE- 40, and the only thing i would suggest would be a pick up change, cause mine broke after a few months. still haven't gotten around to fixing it either...