I was just wondering if there was any technique about pick slides I'm not getting...I'm trying to play along with a song that has a pick slide in it, but I can't get it to sound right...do I need to use some effect pedal or what?
try using a different part of your pick, changing the amount of pressure, or which strings you pick slide maybe?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
i tried a pick slide and my pick got injured. best pick i had. doesnt stop me from using it
i had the same problem... i found that thin picks work best (for me at least) and later i found that nylon thin picks work better than plastic ones which id been using. nylon ones are better period cuz they dont get little grooves or teeth in them after pick sliding a lot (like plastics do) and they pretty much never break unless you force them to break.
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
just go for it like, no technique or stuff like that

let the rock star in you alive, dig it deep in the first 3 string and slide =D
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by oh poe poe
i had the same problem... i found that thin picks work best (for me at least) and later i found that nylon thin picks work better than plastic ones which id been using. nylon ones are better period cuz they dont get little grooves or teeth in them after pick sliding a lot (like plastics do) and they pretty much never break unless you force them to break.

Tortex are pretty tough as well.

Anyway, here is what you do: use the long side of your pick against the strings, make sure the flat faces of the pick are pionting towards the headstock/bridge, and just experiment with which strings to do it on. The highest strings won't really give too much of a sound at all, and sometimes the lower stings don't sound quite right. I always find the sweet spot to be on the A and D strings.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Thanks for all the advice, I got it sounding closer to what it's supposed to now
You can get them shark fin picks which have a rugged bit on em. They sound really good for pickslides. But for normal playing i dident like them.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<