I think my hand is of the medium/small type.
My current guitar scale length is 25.5 inch and I've been having some small problem with some places where I need to do hammer/pull with pointy, middle and little finger. Especially around 5 and 7 frets. Will the 0.75 inch shorter scale length (24.75) of a Les Paul give me better playability or it's just the string tension which matter with different scale lengths?
id say that less tension would be easier to play. If a Les Paul feels too loose, u can always increase the string gauge to 10s or try a PRS SE with a 25" scale length, a nice compromise.
Shorter scale = warmer tone, lighter string tension = can get muddy in the mix, but easier bends and nice round lead tone
Longer scale = Clearer tone, higher string tension = less muddy, good for detuning and faster playing (as notes smear together less).

For metal/shred with lots of distortion I'd recommend a longer scale. For jazz, shorter scale. But scale length really isn't a huge part of the "perfect guitar" equation. So it pretty much comes down to preference, which may take a while to develop. I don't think your hand size is the issue unless they are reaally tiny. Look up some stretching excercises, it'll work wonders.
i find a shorter scale helps with difficult stretches but not as much as you'd expect.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Why all the Gibsons Les Paul 24.75? Is there something special with them?
I'm looking to buy a Hagstrom Super Swede which has the LP body but 25.5 scale.
Quote by hminh87
Why all the Gibsons Les Paul 24.75? Is there something special with them?
I'm looking to buy a Hagstrom Super Swede which has the LP body but 25.5 scale.

That's just the company design aesthetic. Why are (most) Fenders and Jacksons 25.5? Why are all PRS 25? (actually, there's a good reason for that)
Quote by sashki
That's just the company design aesthetic. Why are (most) Fenders and Jacksons 25.5? Why are all PRS 25? (actually, there's a good reason for that)

And what is it?
Im curious.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
it might make the difference, it might not.

I do notice that stretches I struggle to make on a 25.5" scale, I can generally make more easily on 24 3/4"... but you'd need to try to see if it makes enough of a difference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by seizetheday1103
dan jacobs too, hes like, 5'7"

hahaha. im the same. and i play my 25.5" scale strat.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
There isn't really a huge difference in fret distance, as the difference between the two lengths is about 3%. The main place it makes a difference in is the string tension.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by sashki

Me too, what is the reason?
for me, i just love the creamy tone of a 22 fret, 24.75 scale, neck pickup.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
I play a 25.75 scale, and am 5'6". Pretty much, Me( ) = Super BA.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
My Schecter 7-string is a 26.5", can't say I notice any difference in fret distance. But there is definately a change in string tension, which is good as it is a 7-string, you don't want it to go muddy.