more precisely, their cover of john lennon's 'imagine'. anyways, so i got to thinking that this would sure be great in a movie, and suddnely i had this idea for a movie. well it's more of a story right now but i have all the scenes in my head already . and i'm not a movie type of person and i could care less if my idea is THE **** or just plain ****, i just want the opinions of the UGers 'bout my story and additions they would make. and if my any miracle of god you happen to like the story and want to publish it in any form, go ahead, i'm all for it!! anways, so here's the story, it's all hypothetical obviously, and no hard feelings, i'm just writing a fictional story, not hard facts...

so it's like the near future, say 'bout 35-40 years from today, world war III has erupted(although the warring factions and all those who support said war prefer to call it as a more 'logical and inevitable settlement of ideals') between the americans and the europeans. turns out that the last american president was actually on the side of a large terrorist group(terrorism is a favorite passtime in the near future, and people accused of such a crime may be sentenced to death, it's like the salem witch trials on a more massive scale) and was providing funding to them so that they would keep the american populance and the whole world, on it's toes so that mr.president could get elected over and over again(as he would proclaim to know how to defeat them and they would,on his orders, surrender or 'leak' information to the media and things of that nature), but a recent attack on london which took the lives of like 20% of the population(future = badass weapons ) the british decided to investigate on the threat and eliminate it once and for all, and eventually they link the president of the united states to the terrorist group and declare that america has betrayed them(although they have their eyes set on many treasures that america houses, like the vast amount of technology and a stranglehold o 70% of the world's oil reserves coming form their conquest of most of the middle east in the previous decades) and hence declare war. soon many, and then all, of the european nations decide to join in for a peice of the action, and we have a full blown war on our hands.

well this is the back story, i'm gonna stop for now, cause it's been a **** long post , and i'll give you guys the chance to tell me what you think so far, weather i should continue or not. peace.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
wall of text much?
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour

But heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job and then I found a job

But heaven knows I'm miserable now
I think that if all of Europe decided to gang up on America, the U.S. wouldn't have that great of a chance.

Even if we did have terrorists on our side.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
I think that if all of Europe decided to gang up on America, the U.S. wouldn't have that great of a chance.

Even if we did have terrorists on our side.

well i forgot to add the details, like america has the monopoly on the WMDs, and even though they won't state it they are secretly threatening to lunch said WMDs on the europeans, and also on the oil reserves like i said, if they want, the americans can blow most of the reserves to the next side of kingdom come, so the europeans are extreamly careful, and you don't want the world to know the real extent of damages done, so it's all kept secret if possible, and the casualties are greatly reduced. anyways, this is all fiction so no suspension of disbelief is all i request. and should i continue or stop on my tracks??
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by spider666
well i forgot to add the details, like america has the monopoly on the WMDs, and even though they won't state it they are secretly threatening to lunch said WMDs on the europeans, and also on the oil reserves like i said, if they want, the americans can blow most of the reserves to the next side of kingdom come, so the europeans are extreamly careful, and you don't want the world to know the real extent of damages done, so it's all kept secret if possible, and the casualties are greatly reduced. anyways, this is all fiction so no suspension of disbelief is all i request. and should i continue or stop on my tracks??

Sorry, but best typo ever

I say continue with it, there's no reason not to, you know? If you like the story and want to pursue it, keep going, man.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Kind of not believable, but it sounds like every other hollywood action movie so go for it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Sorry, sounds like a child's attempt at sounding political and intellectual. Believe me, I once thought of writing a book and wrote what I thought was a clever back story but looked back when i was wiser and older and thought "lol, yeah because global politics is just that simple" (in a sarcastic tone).
and this story now becomes a comedy of overweight americans and their need to eat uranium in order to get their fix...now that's more believable...

nyways, so like during this time of war germany is the worst effected(the american propoganda machine 'bout the 'next hitler' and crap like that). berlin is like london during the nazi bombings in the previous world war. so there is this group of pacifists who strongly oppose the war(obviously). so they decide to rally all the affected and all those wanting peace(90% of the populance, the only ones supporting the war are the industrialists supplying the weapons and all to both the factions). they do this by the force of music. rage against the macine for the rockers, bob dylan for the old people, and some new country-core band(mixture of country and hardcore, trust you me, it's gonna happen), for the young-ins, but the crowd favourite has gotta be imagine by john lennon. it's the real crowd pleaser. so they do all the petitions and **** and try to get their word out to the world about the casualties and the horrors of the conflict. the group consists of six people who fall into the highly cliched stereotypes of these resistence/survival groups -

adam - leader and all round visionary/nice guy
les - the data anylist and propoganda manager/comic relief
amanda "am" - people person/hot babe with a thing for adam
lee - the tactics guy/believing that peace dosen't sell, wants more revolutionary tactics
trent - the musician/good guy, father
troy - trent's son/ the lovable kid with attitude

well these are the main characters, now we come to the action part......
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Nov 10, 2007,
a little edit : i never meant this to be political in any way, it's just the backdrop, i know world politics is more ****ed up than this, but it's not meant to be like a documentary, and if there are places i can imrove, please do tell me, appreciate the feedback people...
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Now the Chinese know where to go when their wall fails.

Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Eh not bad, need a little more detail though I'd say.

I also have a few "film/creative story ideas".

One that I thought of, would basically be a short film, no dialog and there would be one song playing the whole way through that fits the mood, so it'd probably be about 3-5 minutes long.

Anyways the focus of this short story would be death in a tangible form..so let's say..the grim reaper. He is inhabiting a city that is completely desolate, the whole town looks like a horde of zombies just came through (minus the immense amount of gore that would be left). So like, car wrecks, broken windows, crap everywhere in the streets, etc. oh, and no people. Every living thing is gone, except for the flora.

So death is walking around this destroyed town all alone, and it hasn't sunk in yet that he is the "last one alive". He tries to do things that you need other people for, examples:

-waits for the bus..it never comes
-checks his cellphone, no new msgs or calls
-does some shopping, no one at the cash registers
-turns on tv, no signal
- his pet's food dish is overflowing with food

etc.

So this is starting to get very depressing, because death realizes that even he needs people (or other living things) in order to have a fulfilling life, and he also realizes that perhaps he got too greedy, and killed too many people.

And the film ends with death walking out of his apartment, down the street towards the horizon, and back on his apartment door reads a note he left:

"On vacation

-Death"

I unno, I like it.
^I like how Death has a cellphone. Is it a Razr?
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
I liked the title. The story was ok but for a film idea you're kind of missing key things like characters and a plot. Interesting backstory though.
Quote by Gunpowder
^I like how Death has a cellphone. Is it a Razr?

sure, w/e the average citizen has.
Quote by technicolour
One that I thought of, would basically be a short film, no dialog and there would be one song playing the whole way through that fits the mood, so it'd probably be about 3-5 minutes long.

So... a music video?

But yeah, very nice.
I want to write a book or whatever where someone just wakes up to find everyone has disappeared. It's one of those things I've always thought "ha that would be really cool" but I think it would be interesting to really take an in-depth look at the concept.
Quote by MadClownDisease
So... a music video?

But yeah, very nice.
I want to write a book or whatever where someone just wakes up to find everyone has disappeared. It's one of those things I've always thought "ha that would be really cool" but I think it would be interesting to really take an in-depth look at the concept.

Wouldn't be much dialogue and that's always the best thing to write.

Unless you stick in flashback and stuff. Would be quite challenging to write I think.
In 35-40 years time have we lost all knowledge of spelling and grammar?!?

The tension is killing me!!!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!