So here's the deal. My HSS Strat came stock with Super Bullets which I really liked. Then, when I changed them after they grew old, I put on my standard D'addario .10s. Well, I'm going to buy another pack of super bullets cause I liked em, but these .10s are like 3 weeks old...should I put on the strings I like, or stick with these, which are still good, until they grow old?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
id buy the bullets, and take the d'adarrios off and keep them as a spare set incase a string breaks.
I'd stay with the D'addarios... just because that's what I used xD

I normally changed my strings every month or so anyways... so they are about getting to the time when i'd just change them and throw them away.
Honestly, if I could afford a new-strings-a-week habit, I would definitely do it. If you like the feel of bullets, yank of the D'adarrios and throw 'em on. Look at it this way, as soon as the strings are on the guitar, they're already wearing out.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Buy the Bullets and just keep them handy in case you are extremely bored or just NEED to use them.

Use whatever sounds good for you or feels good for you. No one can tell you what to buy or what to use, do what YOU want to do.
I don't have any nifty things to stick here, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Pancake Bunny
Strings aren't very expensive, so I see no need to feel bad about upgrading to ones you prefer.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
A friend of mine changes his strings every month. But, you know what? It doesn't make him any better of a player or his tone better. I'll keep my strings for months and I play and sounds just as well as I did when I first bought them.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology
A friend of mine changes his strings every month. But, you know what? It doesn't make him any better of a player or his tone better. I'll keep my strings for months and I play and sounds just as well as I did when I first bought them.

Of course it doesn't make him a better player, are you ****ing serious?

It does make your guitar sound better though. If I have a pack of 6 month old strings compared to a pack of 2 week old strings, the 2 week old strings have better sound... you can get pinch harmonics out a little bit better. Plus, if you leave strings on for a while, they start to rust and what not.
^^ Yup, same, I don't see the point of wasting money on strings every month.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
use watever feels better, strigns are cheap sp it doesnt matter
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Actually strings are like 10 bucks because I have to go to te local shop, not a big place that offers them for 3 dollers...

BUt I just got back and got em. I'm still undecided whether I'll chagne em now or not.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
i change my strings every month but i also work at a guitar shop and buy in bulk so i spend about $80 for a box of .10s and .11s all at once
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I'd rather "waste" 10 bucks on strings each month than play old, dull strings. Contrary to what a couple of people in this thread seem to believe, string quality deteriorates over time. Less sustain, less note clarity, and they'll start to feel crappy too. Of course, you don't realize how bad the old strings are until you get the new set on and feel the difference.
Alright, I guess I'll change em.

Thanks guys,
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
if you can afford it do it if your short on money just wait a bit. I wish i could change strings twice a month for my acoustic but i cant afford it. I love the deep sound of brand new strings. but on my electric i usually keep them as long as possible because my amp is crap and when i put on new strings they have that metaly sound and i get wicked bad feedback
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.