Poll: Do you think Male Pregnancy should be acceptable?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think Male Pregnancy should be acceptable?
Yes -- if it's safe for the child
82 17%
Yes -- even if it is quite risky for the child -- no matter what
8 2%
Maybe -- I don't know enough about it
93 19%
No -- no matter what
301 62%
Voters: 485.
Page 1 of 6
http://www.malepregnancy.com/science/

Now this isn't a joke thread. This is totally serious.

Science had been pushing forward for quite some time now. It should not be surprising if sometime in our life the social/political question of "male pregnancy" will begin to pop up. Some will be against it, others will be for it, and others will be uncertain. I feel it only makes sense to discuss this before such a time comes.

Do you think male pregnancy is acceptable? Should it be allowed?

Should, for example, a male in a heterosexual marriage be allowed to take the responsibility of carrying the growing child, instead of his wife? Should two males in a civil union be allowed to get pregnant, even if abnormalities to the child are significantly high. Would it become justified for pregnancy to become a matter of "who's turn is it next" between a husband and wife, essentially making pregnancy a legally neutral concept?

Would thinking that such a thing is as sick and disgusting, become a bigatory concept? A male-pregno-phobe? Politically Incorrect?
Well, there's a reason that women are the ones to get pregnant, and especially if there are possible repercussions to the child, I think it's a bad idea; however, I doubt that a lot of men would be willing to carry a child - you hear all the time men saying to the girls they impregnated "I wish I could carry this baby for you," which is an easy thing to say when it's impossible for them to actually do it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Women are women for a reason.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yeah why not. Sounds like a laugh.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut

i dont like it, then again im not gonna be the one crapping out a child :P
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
They wouldn't go via the baby grows inside you route, it would be (for example with gays) like cloning by a half and half thing. Nobody would want to go through labour, would they?
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Aside from men not being designed for having a baby, why would we need that? It's not even practical.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by Ichimaru
Sandwiches?

I would never want to have a baby, it seems really wierd that a man would want to
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Child birth is women's burden, not mens.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
that's just...so wrong.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I'm pretty sure that was revealed to be fake, check Snopes. So yeah, the thread is a joke.
Where exactly would it come out of?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
where would the baby go out of? wouldnt it hurt?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Hmm...I am a Male Christian...and I gotta say this pissed me off.

From a Christian standpoint, this is not only immoral, but it goes against everything told in the bible. **BIBLE TALK AHEAD** In Genesis, it says that the chick is supposed to bear the child because of original sin.

From a Guy's standpoint. This is feminism at it's greatest. I think this should be illegal. I don't care who says I am insensitive, or not politically correct.

In my opinion, this should be sent to the "Jokes that will send you to hell" thread ^-^.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by AngelOfHatred
No matter where, it's gonna hurt.

It could be compulsary to have cesarean. Though I s'pose that'd hurt too?

Besides, I see so many scientific impossibilites in the concept of male pregnancy that I doubt it'll ever come true.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
There's a reason why girls have ovaries, a uterus and a vagina.

Would you really trust a man to carry a baby?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

well, what if a guy has a wife/girlfriend who can't get pregnant, and they both really want kids?

This concept is extremely disturbing and disgusting to me, but I'm sure that there are a few cases where it's the only way a couple can have a baby without adopting or using a surrogate.

My mind just threw up a little.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by element4433
Sandwiches?

I would never want to have a baby, it seems really wierd that a man would want to

Seriously though. If a guy wanted a baby, imagine how hysterical he'd have to be. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Quote by OddOneOut
Would you really trust a man to carry a baby?

I sure as **** know I wouldn't trust ME with a baby inside of me.

That thing would be dead in a week.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by woodenbandman
well, what if a guy has a wife/girlfriend who can't get pregnant, and they both really want kids?

This concept is extremely disturbing and disgusting to me, but I'm sure that there are a few cases where it's the only way a couple can have a baby without adopting or using a surrogate.

My mind just threw up a little.

Why the hell don't they adopt or use a surrogate then?!

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm definitely a male-pregnophobe. Just because the thought of giving birth through my wee wee makes me cringe.
I dunno. If he wants to and it;s safe then why the hell not?
Just because it offends your sensibilities, get a life.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
An unnecessary risk to the male carrying the child and the child.
Everyone who's like "wtf guys don't have vag's" should go read the article posted. It might not be totally genuine, but it's definitely feasible.
The embryo would be conceived via in-vitro, the same as if it was a female birth. When the fetus comes to term, they would cesarean the baby and the placenta out of the lucky guy. The only really dangerous thing I can think of would be surgically removing the placenta, as it'd probably bond to the other organs, but they did mention it in the article.

Btw, if the article is real, then there actually is a guy who is currently pregnant. And i'm guessing in <9 months we'll know if it's possible or not.
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
Quote by Ichimaru

+1
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
I dunno. If he wants to and it;s safe then why the hell not?
Just because it offends your sensibilities, get a life.

I doubt it could ever be safe as males just don't have the required organs. Didn't you ever pay attention in biology?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

If memory serves that site has been around for a while. Or it might have been a different one, but it said the same thing and it was a hoax.

However, just for kicks I'll continue with the idea of it being plausible. Women carry the baby for a reason. Why change the process of millions of years?

Quote by cjblack532
Hmm...I am a Male Christian...and I gotta say this pissed me off.

From a Christian standpoint, this is not only immoral, but it goes against everything told in the bible. **BIBLE TALK AHEAD** In Genesis, it says that the chick is supposed to bear the child because of original sin.

That pissed me off. A huge amount, in fact.

The bible! Of course! I had forgotten how strongly it features in science! I had forgotten how it's always right! Us silly women carrying children because of that pesky original sin. Oh, what daft things we are! Nothing to do with nature at all.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by sashki
Wikipedia says that that site is a hoax. And wikipedia is always right.

[/seriousness of thread]

das funny.

And if you go to the main page it shows a picture of a pregnant man on the cover of Newsweek. Yeah this site is a joke.