I made a "what guitar should I buy" thread yesterday, and a wise man told me that it would actually improve my tone more if I got better speakers for my 6505 combo. So...what speakers should I get? I want to get a tighter, more defined low end and maybe a bit brighter sound. And will this really make more of a difference than upgrading from my ****ty Viper-100 to an Agile AL3000?
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Well, you probably should upgrade from that Viper eventually anyways. What kind of pups are in it? The ESP ones?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
Well, you probably should upgrade from that Viper eventually anyways. What kind of pups are in it? The ESP ones?

Yeah, the POS stock ones.

I was gonna upgrade them, but then I was like "I don't wanna play an agathis guitar any longer than I have to anyway" so I decided to just get a new guitar.

I'd settled on an Agile LP when this guy in the EG forum said that new speakers would improve my sound more and to make a thread about it here.

I'm going to buy both eventually, my question is more what do I buy first, and like I said, what kind of speakers.
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
just take the guitar to a guitar store and try speakers untill you found the one youre searching for...
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Quote by llledzzzep
just take the guitar to a guitar store and try speakers untill you found the one youre searching for...

That won't really work though, because I won't what qualities of the sound are the amp I'm playing through and what parts are the speakers.
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull
New guitar, or at the very least new pickups. Different speakers aren't going to save you from crappy pickups. The speakers in the 6505 are pretty good. Remember though the combo version is fairly dark voiced, but your lack of tightness and defined low end can be nailed on the pickups for sure, as those amps are known for being tight and chunky sounding.
Quote by CJRocker
New guitar, or at the very least new pickups. Different speakers aren't going to save you from crappy pickups. The speakers in the 6505 are pretty good. Remember though the combo version is fairly dark voiced, but your lack of tightness and defined low end can be nailed on the pickups for sure, as those amps are known for being tight and chunky sounding.

Yeah, that's what I'd been thinking.

Although I played the amp for the first time in a few days today (I keep it in my band's rehearsal space) and it sounded pretty ****ing good compared to the Vox VR30 I use for practice...not that that means much.

I've just got to count my milk-jug full of change and hope I can afford the guitar I want, then.
Dunlop Straps™

Quote by steven seagull